Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of us that are (complaining) if you will have owned previous gen raptors. My gen 2 made some consistent stable noise from the shocks definitely normal and livable. My gen 3 fells like it’s falling apart over frost heaves and cracks in the road.
Gotcha but my Gen 2…nothing. Granted I didn’t have live valves…if that matters.

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! What a read, for all first-time raptor owners who have a Gen3. I am having the same problem with my Gen 1. Seems to be an ongoing issue with Gen 2 as well. Clunk is felt in the floorboard at my feet/pedals anywhere between 5-25mph while going over smaller bumps. Feels as if a bolt is loose or my lower ball joints are completely shot. All have been replaced with HD Moog parts and clunk is still there. According to what I'm reading its been a re-accruing thing year after year with the raptor model . I'm still in search of a fix for "The CLUNK" :emotions122: Best of luck to fixing it. Ill be following thread for an indefinite answer/fix. Thanks guys

jpl291

Reaction score
my dealer has a whole new set of shocks on order. a recent post in a thread in the suspension forum suggests that it's the shock mounts
Nice! Atleast they are attempting to address the issue. Are they replacing the shock mounts as well?

Please keep us updated.

Vrrooom

Reaction score
The noise sounds like shock mounts- I had an issue with the shock mounts on a 2015 Grand Cherokee. They replaced shocks about 5x and about 1.5 years later Jeep came out with a revised shock mount. It fixed the issue.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no on the shock mounts, i wasnt aware of that being a possibility until the last few days