Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thamac15

Reaction score
Member FreedomTransAm sent me a message yesterday stating the below. Haven't made an appt yet for mine, was going to wait till 1k miles before going since the manual states there can be abnormal driving experiences during the first 1k. My local dealer's service department is one of those "we couldn't duplicate it" nearly every single time you take it in for something. Even when you take them on a drive, they'll say "i don't hear anything". Figured they would do the same with the clunk.

Yesterday at 4:15 PM
"Very annoying but now it's fixed. Dealer replaced sway bar links and noise is gone"

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called my dealer but I’m just going to wait for my oil change to get it looked at - hopefully enough people will bring theirs in to get a nice TSB out there.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Member FreedomTransAm sent me a message yesterday stating the below. Haven't made an appt yet for mine, was going to wait till 1k miles before going since the manual states there can be abnormal driving experiences during the first 1k. My local dealer's service department is one of those "we couldn't duplicate it" nearly every single time you take it in for something. Even when you take them on a drive, they'll say "i don't hear anything". Figured they would do the same with the clunk.

"Very annoying but now it's fixed. Dealer replaced sway bar links and noise is gone

"Very annoying but now it's fixed. Dealer replaced sway bar links and noise is gone"
Glad to hear its fixed. Now we have a point for dealers to look at

OP
OP
R

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a tsb for the heat shields but that did not fix it, I asked about the sway bar links and I was told they are solid.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too. There’s a road that I drive down at 35 mph and it sounds like something in the front suspension is loose and rattling. Very annoying. Hope others get a fix figured out.

trentp

Reaction score
Out of curiosity is anyone having the clunking issue on a 37 package? My truck is a 35 and is clunking, a buddy has a 37 and doesn’t have the issue. I saw another post mentioning their dealer said it was the shocks which makes me wonder if this is unique to the 35in version and the shocks that come on 35s.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too. There’s a road that I drive down at 35 mph and it sounds like something in the front suspension is loose and rattling. Very annoying. Hope others get a fix figured out.
This is pretty much exactly what my truck does - and it's pretty annoying because it's the road in my neighborhood. So I get to experience this for 2 miles every morning and evening. For the record, I am driving between 25-30mph when I experience this...

Oh, and I have 3,000 miles on mine now, so I am well beyond the 1,000 mile "abnormal driving experiences"...

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feels like the suspension is doing it on rebound mine only has 300 miles so far. Just bought
Maybe the shocks just need to dampen the rebound a little more. I once had a similar issue on a side-by-side when I put firmer springs on it.