Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not encouraging. Rattles and squeaks in a brand new vehicle is a big pet peeve of mine.

Thamac15

Reaction score
I figured as much. My 2017 F250 had a similar clunk as my gen 3. Never found anything loose and it never had a single problem after 60k miles, then sold it for the raptor. I’ll chalk it up as normal operation until someone finds something.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
There’s no way this issue is “normal”, otherwise the dealer would know why it happens, and every Raptor would have the same clunk/rattle.

Not sure how plausible this is, but I wonder if it might be an IWE issue. I say this because besides the clunking I have something rubbing on the passenger front while accelerating and turning left. Possibly a partially engaged IWE? (I’ve tried switching to 4A, 4H, and 4L with no success)

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a subtle clunking noise in their Gen 3 when driving slowly over bumpier terrain?
My Gen 2 never did this
it kind of sounds like my lifted Tundra from way back when!
Feels like the suspension is doing it on rebound mine only has 300 miles so far. Just bought

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same feeling on mine. Almost feels like a loose suspension or steering ball joints or similar. I thought this just couldn’t be normal so I hopped in my dads GEN 3. Same exact thing. I chalked it up to a Ford thing. Coming from my RAM and a solid feeling front end this really bothers me. Really my only complaint of the truck. Exceeded all my expectations otherwise. Wish is was an easy fix or something wrong but I think it may be normal for these trucks.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this issue has been mentioned in a couple of threads. Has anyone reached out to Fox to get their insight on their suspension and the clunking complaints?