Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll get a video later today. Its really noticeable so it will be hard to miss even in video. Locating it is another story...

I just ran through the main suspension components and did not find anything clearly loose or moving.

Still waiting on a call back from Fox... been two days though.
Appreciate you putting together a video. Like @CoolrainRaptor , I’m eagerly awaiting to hear what you all are experiencing. Thanks!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have decided to trade mine in also.The clunking is getting worse the more I drive it.
Can you have a buddy tag along to get some audio and post it here? Sorry you’re going through this; wish there was a simple fix so you guys, dealing with this, can get back to enjoying your truck!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
No excuse for lack of Quality Control which was my field of expertise for 24 years.

It's ridiculous for what these vehicles cost, as well as, being a performance halo vehicle. Their is no excuse and it's directly related to poor management.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are two different "clunks" going on.

One is a distinctive sound that can be clearly heard on video.

The other is more of a sensation of a loose suspension component that can be felt in the wheel and pedals, but on video is not obviously distinct from the normal noises the tires and suspension make.

On my 2021 35" - I did not have the first problem but I definitely noticed the second one. On my truck, I believe the second problem was in fact largely due to side-to-side slop in the adjustable accelerator pedal assembly. If you grab the pedal with your hand, you will find that it is solid front-to-back but wobbles side-to-side quit a bit. I was able to fold a section of microfiber towel and wedge it behind the pedal adjustment mechanism in order to brace it. This removed the unpleasant feeling in the pedal and I'm quite happy with the truck now. At some point I will mention this to the dealer as a warranty concern but for the moment I'm just enjoying driving the truck.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a TRX but it’s not as good looking as a Raptor
Agreed. I did at least consider one, but I drive too much to deal with the limited range of the TRX. I bought a Tremor for now, and maybe I will order a '23 Raptor this fall...

20174x4

Reaction score
10” snow on the retrax bed cover and “Slippery” mode made the clunking much worse last night. I was starting to get used to it.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this issue is not specific to the 21+ raptor, did any of you look at the lower control arm bolt topic, or the slop in the shock mounts? These two were always the culprit in the past.
Both of those were fine with mine. Shocks were not bad either. Maybe the new owner will be patient enough to find my old clunk. Best of luck.