Sub Zero Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 23 and my #4 Raptor. All I can say I'm happy I got rid of the TRX. Ford makes the best trucks on the planet and these raptors fit like a glove.

With that said and living in Houston I want to address cooling as e85 is definitely down the road.

Here what I'm going to start with and let me know what you think.

PARTS LIST:
1- Full Race Radiator (ran one in the Gen 2)
2- Full Race Intercooler or AMS (Ran FR last time) (AMS seems to be the largest but FR quality is amazing)
3- Full Race Trans Cooler
4- Killer Chiller Universal kit w/drag pack
5- possibly Snow **** kit (running it in my GT2 4.0 stroker and it's the balls)

I have a built RMB Short block and upgraded garret turbos with all the ecutraments such as boost tubes and hpfp, injectors, ect... that was purchased for my 19.

Figured I would just start slow with plug and play cooling mods above, then goose tune e85 with fuel upgrades. I'd like to see what kind of power this would make before running the turbos then eventually the short block with some head work.

A lot of this is sunk cost as all of this was brought and never used. Sold the old truck for the trx and shelved the project. Now that I'm back in the Gen 3, figue why not. I think this truck can hang with the TRX if done right. Have dyno numbers from the trx with mods if anyone is interested. I'd like to hit those numbers or better in the new truck.

I realize the tune will determine a lot but I'm willing to wait and just start with the above.

Alright, let me have it.

Attachments

• 20230520_134223.jpg
    20230520_134223.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What mods on the TRX and what did it put down?

The AMS is stock location and the FR intercooler is a relocated one, so it depends on which you want. They both make top notch stuff.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was done at LMR in Houston.
Mods : injectors, tune, crank and upper pulley. I think thats it. Ryan Cunningham did the tune.
IMG_6649(1).jpg

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods on the TRX and what did it put down?

The AMS is stock location and the FR intercooler is a relocated one, so it depends on which you want. They both make top notch stuff.
I'd like the one that provides the best performance. I probably won't do bumper as I never have in the past. If the relocation allows for better cooling and offsets the size difference I'd like to know.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tough call, the AMS stock location core is massive, it’s the same volume as the Cobb relocated IC. I think if we’re going on pure performance though, and if you’re upgrading the radiator too, you may eek out a few more hp with the FR setup, especially once you go with bigger turbos.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was done at LMR in Houston.
Mods : injectors, tune, crank and upper pulley. I think thats it. Ryan Cunningham did the tune.
View attachment 408671
I’m not sure you could get there on pure numbers with the turbo options currently available, but I’m pretty sure the setup you’re planning would still be faster due to the overall weight difference.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure you could get there on pure numbers with the turbo options currently available, but I’m pretty sure the setup you’re planning would still be faster due to the overall weight difference.

I've come to find numbers don't mean everything. The trucks are very different. I think the Raptor will be fast with less power. Just watching the Gen 2 w tune hang on the bumper of the TRX tells me this truck won't need much. Either way I guess we will find out.

I think you were making this point too and I agree.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a very similar if not exact setup right now on my Gen2 but I have issues with misfires above 5k rpms. All I can say is its very fast but if I could figure out what the problem with mine is it would be hella fast! I'm just down the road from you in College Station too.
I have the SVC FMIC, its very similar to the Fullrace one.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a very similar if not exact setup right now on my Gen2 but I have issues with misfires above 5k rpms. All I can say is its very fast but if I could figure out what the problem with mine is it would be hella fast! I'm just down the road from you in College Station too.
I have the SVC FMIC, its very similar to the Fullrace one.
Who did the tune? Also what plugs and gap are you running? I'm sure you have thought of all this already I'm just curious why you're getting misfires? My Gen 2 running a similar set up ran like a top for 90k miles. The sellers regret is very strong.

Wonder if it's the MAF? Getting any codes?

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who did the tune? Also what plugs and gap are you running? I'm sure you have thought of all this already I'm just curious why you're getting misfires? My Gen 2 running a similar set up ran like a top for 90k miles. The sellers regret is very strong.

Wonder if it's the MAF? Getting any codes?
Regret now, but just think of how much easier it’ll be putting all that down with the 5 link!