Stupid question ??!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenrten

Reaction score
Presently own 2014 tremor 52,000 mi ready too trade up to 2020 raptor BUT at 72 i dont wash my own autos havent found a cw that will take a raptor!!?? QUESTION ; can u put smaller ( less wide ) tires an be ok as far as ride/ fit etc or is the whole truck too wide for most cw
Thks

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most brushless/touchless car washes will handle the Raptor fine. Use one with no tract or just two rails (one on each side to keep you in the middle) and you will not have a problem. I don't hand wash mine either and have not had a problem where ever we go. You may have to put your mirrors in.

OP
OP
T

tenrten

Reaction score
OK thanks......it I’ve been holding off buying the thing because of not being able to get it washed I’m gonna check that out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
OK thanks......it I’ve been holding off buying the thing because of not being able to get it washed I’m gonna check that out.

Life is too short to let something this insignificant deter you from what you want.
there are plenty of washing options available. In the internet age, you can probably hire remote cleaners to come to you.

Raptors look better dirty anyway.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I wondered this when I bought my truck. But most of the newer car washes will fit the Raptor. The one I use now will fit a display thru it. If you ask, most places can tell you. If they’re not sure then I wouldn’t go thru it

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my area there is only one car wash I can go through, within a reasonable distance. It will accept vehicles up to 90 inches wide and tires up to 13 inches wide. I tell them I have auto mirrors and I fold them in once they have brushed them. I unfold them after the last of the big brushes do their work and right before the final rinse. You just need to do some shopping around in your area.

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
I'm in the twin cities area of Minnesota and i have NO issues finding car washes that accommodate the Raptor...

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Presently own 2014 tremor 52,000 mi ready too trade up to 2020 raptor BUT at 72 i dont wash my own autos havent found a cw that will take a raptor!!?? QUESTION ; can u put smaller ( less wide ) tires an be ok as far as ride/ fit etc or is the whole truck too wide for most cw
Thks

Years back I use to hire a local kid to come over and do my company van and personal vehicle...if you live in a populated area and are friendly with some of the neighbors,there might be a few kids looking to make some extra $$ rather than keep glued to X-Box games and their Cel...might cost a little more than a car wash,but if you let them know exactly how you want it done...might work out if you find a dependable kid....and I figure if your buying a Raptor,you can afford the extra maybe $10 over a car wash....what are they now,around $10?? I wash mine in about 30 minutes....Give a kid $20 and make some friends...

Mike Y

Reaction score
I haven’t found a single car wash here in NJ to wash my truck Still in search of.