Cross shopping the Gen 3 Raptor and F-150 Tremor: would love some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: Drove my buddy's Gen 2 Raptor yesterday.........sealed the deal. This is a no contest-- I'm ordering the Raptor. It felt as nimble and light as I was hoping it would be. I didn't feel the added width was much of an issue, and it was exactly what I'm looking for in a sports truck.
To think the Gen 3 is even better in terms of driving dynamics just has me that much more excited.

If I was hauling/towing, and the Tremor could be had for a minimum $10k discount, and I couldn't find a Raptor allocation at MSRP......only then would this be an actual dilemma.
Prolly should have done this from the jump! Go order your Raptor now. Thread closed. Lmao

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 37 package ordered in Oct and still no confirmed build date, so…

Purchased a 22 F-150 Tremor last week, and honestly surprised on how much I like, but got for just under MSRP. Putting a level and 35s on it next week and will enjoy it until I can finally get my Raptor to trade into. Smooth ride, better towing/payload, avg mpg 17.5, and best looking F-150 after the Raptor.

I know many will say it’s a dumb move to own a truck for less than 12 months but with what people are selling used, low mileage trucks back to dealer at I really don’t think I’ll be out much since bought at a small dealer for under MSRP and will be trading to a larger dealer who sold their last Temor for $5k over sticker.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
I have a 22 37 package ordered in Oct and still no confirmed build date, so…

Purchased a 22 F-150 Tremor last week, and honestly surprised on how much I like, but got for just under MSRP. Putting a level and 35s on it next week and will enjoy it until I can finally get my Raptor to trade into. Smooth ride, better towing/payload, avg mpg 17.5, and best looking F-150 after the Raptor.

I know many will say it’s a dumb move to own a truck for less than 12 months but with what people are selling used, low mileage trucks back to dealer at I really don’t think I’ll be out much since bought at a small dealer for under MSRP and will be trading to a larger dealer who sold their last Temor for $5k over sticker.
When you placed your order in October, did they give you a build date, which kept getting pushed back?
Or were you never actually assigned a VIN with a build date?

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bruin1md, I have a VIN from a Dealer placed order from Oct 2021 that I locked up in early Jan. Shows an ordered date of Oct 10th 2021 and VIN, but on Ford Tracker just been “in production” for last 30 days but no confirmed build date and for ETA is just TBD ‍

Sorry, wish I had more info to help, but guess there are a lot of unanswered questions about when we will see our trucks

belacyrf

Reaction score
Not sure which turn the OP took, but if you're still considering the Tremor. The dealer I'm working with is selling all Ford Vehicles at "Invoice" right now (except the Raptor and GT500 which have 10K and higher markups).

But if you decide to go Tremor.. Here is an "invoice" option for you

I'm working with Sarah, if you decide to go that route. I was able to configure a fully optioned Platinum for about 5-6K off MSRP (ended up being about 72). But then I pulled back and went with the Raptor. Good luck whatever you decide!