Cross shopping the Gen 3 Raptor and F-150 Tremor: would love some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your questioning size? Doesn’t size matter in a full size truck? Can you handle the extra width? Dude get your composure plzzzz!

All fun aside, once you have that truck a few months, you will be able to thread a needle with it. It may always feel slightly chunky but length wise it’s like any SCREW F-150. The 360 camera can sure you up anywhere and can’t imagine many roads it would be tough to drive on. It’s a chunky baby but quite nimble. Get in your buds Gen 2 and go drive and park some. Confidence will build.

Besides @Littlefx4 now has to read several more posts to his displeasure lol

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
Your questioning size? Doesn’t size matter in a full size truck? Can you handle the extra width? Dude get your composure plzzzz!

All fun aside, once you have that truck a few months, you will be able to thread a needle with it. It may always feel slightly chunky but length wise it’s like any SCREW F-150. The 360 camera can sure you up anywhere and can’t imagine many roads it would be tough to drive on. It’s a chunky baby but quite nimble. Get in your buds Gen 2 and go drive and park some. Confidence will build.

Besides @Littlefx4 now has to read several more posts to his displeasure lol
lol-- I'm not that concerned. It will take some adjustment but I'm sure it will be fine. When I drove one briefly 5 months ago, I recall thinking it felt chunky-- as you said-- but also thought: a truck shouldn't be able to drive like this (coming from a Ram Rebel)......... it truly felt like someone had obsessed over how to create a true sports truck with optimal handling, cornering, and combined it with a suspension meant to jump curbs (or sand ruts)

Mystic_2003

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor, and tow a 8k lb Boat. added Deaver +3HD, so was strongly considering a Tremor. Went and looked at one, $73k. I simply cannot bring myself to swap a Raptor for a Tremor and play $20k for that downgrade..

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Def go with the tremor and give me your allocation. Lol.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
UPDATE: Drove my buddy's Gen 2 Raptor yesterday.........sealed the deal. This is a no contest-- I'm ordering the Raptor. It felt as nimble and light as I was hoping it would be. I didn't feel the added width was much of an issue, and it was exactly what I'm looking for in a sports truck.
To think the Gen 3 is even better in terms of driving dynamics just has me that much more excited.

If I was hauling/towing, and the Tremor could be had for a minimum $10k discount, and I couldn't find a Raptor allocation at MSRP......only then would this be an actual dilemma.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: Drove my buddy's Gen 2 Raptor yesterday.........sealed the deal. This is a no contest-- I'm ordering the Raptor. It felt as nimble and light as I was hoping it would be. I didn't feel the added width was much of an issue, and it was exactly what I'm looking for in a sports truck.
To think the Gen 3 is even better in terms of driving dynamics just has me that much more excited.

If I was hauling/towing, and the Tremor could be had for a minimum $10k discount, and I couldn't find a Raptor allocation at MSRP......only then would this be an actual dilemma.
Good love you won’t regret it. You’re 100% right that the Raptor (gen2+ esp) gives off that “extra special” aura/feel & given its size/purpose/bones it truly doesn’t seem right that it handles/performs like it does esp ON road w/ the size of the tires & vehicle in general. It also doesn’t seem “right” that it pulls as damn hard as it does when given WOT @ speeds over 75 (when you have a tune lol)

Based on the coil over rear suspension design & all the reviews I’ve seen/read thus far point that the off & on road manners are much improved w/ the coil springs- and tbh even though I have a perfectly fine 2021 optioned/modded mostly the way I want…really the only 2 things that would make me trade into a Gen3 sooner vs later would def be that coil over rear & also the 37” package

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score

As mentioned somewhere above, the tremor is a great package but not at the same level as a Raptor. Congrats on making a great choice, there's really no better bipolar-do-everything vehicle.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
Good love you won’t regret it. You’re 100% right that the Raptor (gen2+ esp) gives off that “extra special” aura/feel & given its size/purpose/bones it truly doesn’t seem right that it handles/performs like it does esp ON road w/ the size of the tires & vehicle in general. It also doesn’t seem “right” that it pulls as damn hard as it does when given WOT @ speeds over 75 (when you have a tune lol)

Based on the coil over rear suspension design & all the reviews I’ve seen/read thus far point that the off & on road manners are much improved w/ the coil springs- and tbh even though I have a perfectly fine 2021 optioned/modded mostly the way I want…really the only 2 things that would make me trade into a Gen3 sooner vs later would def be that coil over rear & also the 37” package
Glad you mentioned the new coil overs: believe it or not, i felt that the tremor-- even with its leaf springs-- drove smoother than the Gen 2 raptor on some poorly paved roads. But, as you said, with the new coil overs and from early reviews, I think this Gen 3 should have the Tremor beat easily in terms of on road smoothness.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

How is your “perfectly fine 2021 (aka Gen 3) optioned/modded? And why would you trade that in for another 21/22 (aka Gen 3)?