Stuck in Melvindale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like most of the Raptors are shipping out of Melvindale (closest to Dearborn plant), but mine is currently at Flat Rock (Ramp 51), next to the Mustang plant. Not sure why it was moved there for shipping, but Ford hasn't updated the status since 3/27 and still shows a 4/13 delivery to dealer estimate. Anyone else have this issue before?

I have a buyer for my current F150, so trying to get some idea of how long I'm going to be waiting...
Mine went from the plant to Flat Rock, then from Flat Rock to Melvindale and it’s been there ever since.

FP said there are both Rail and Convoys leaving from Melvindale and suspected my truck and others may already be on the road via Convoy. Who knows

housecat

Reaction score
Mine delivered today 4/25 after being in the Nashville rail yard since 4/09. From another user here waiting even longer, it must not be FIFO, just whatever loads are going whatever direction.

Fordus

Reaction score
So I wanted to drop these lines to
Let you know that for the most part auto transport usually carry 8 to 9 cars and they prefer to take small cars. However with big trucks like we order auto transport refuse taking more than 3 because it affects the $ on their pockets.
Also our stealerships can’t not call the auto transport and interfere with their schedule cuz it’s a separate business not to mention the lack of truck drivers nowadays.

10gauge

Reaction score
That's really bad news for me then if they're that backed up... mine's been sitting in Nashville since April 9th.
Good news. I took delivery today ! A happy Raptor owner, finally !

Attachments

• 3D59AE66-1411-493F-BB50-C27997F39D5B.jpeg
    3D59AE66-1411-493F-BB50-C27997F39D5B.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Mine was built on April 22nd. The tracker still hasn’t changed to shipped and my eta is May 4th thru 10th. I have a feeling I’ll be missing it by a decent amount…

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was built on April 22nd. The tracker still hasn’t changed to shipped and my eta is May 4th thru 10th. I have a feeling I’ll be missing it by a decent amount…
Right there with you. 4/21 built and have just been sitting with an eta of may 6-12….yeah that’s not happening. I just wish we had SOME type of update

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
Right there with you. 4/21 built and have just been sitting with an eta of may 6-12….yeah that’s not happening. I just wish we had SOME type of update
Mine was built 3/27 and still waiting on shipping. No rhyme or reason to the order though, yours could very easily ship before mine. No idea why and no update available from Ford or the dealer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter