GEN 2 Forscan: Cruise Control calibrate stuck at 0%

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bu3askoor

Reaction score
Hello

I have been browsing the forums for a long time . I have always been able to find a solution thanks to the amazing community . However this time around I'm stuck

Background:

Driving like crazy in the desert and hit the front of truck-bumper (ford f150 2020). There was no physical damage .

Driving home , all was working great , that include adaptive cruise control. Until someone came into my lane and all of the sudden the truck brakes and throw and error on the screen that my pre-collision assist not available. I checked my DTC and got horizontal sensor is not aligned (Code: B142E - Forward Looking Sensor Horizontal Alignment). I have seen few manuals which indicated that a vertical sensor alignment requires a physical adjustment , where horizontal sensor alignment requires a calibration.

I removed the plastic part of the bumper to access the sensor module where there was also no physical damage as the bracket holding the sensor and the sensor itself seems to be fine. I have also pulled the pid and more specifically the Align_off". See screen shot.

Issue:

I am connecting to the my truck thru the recommended obd reader from vlinker. I have been using it for long time and it is great and fast by the way.

I attempted to do a cruise control calibration from my phone as well as laptop. In both situations the calibration is stuck at 0 percent regardless of how long I drive to recalibrate. I have also tried to reset the module before calibrating it but still no success.

I would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126-075709.png
    Screenshot_20240126-075709.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240126-135620.png
    Screenshot_20240126-135620.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 12

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That is rather interesting. I am thinking @FordTechOne may be able to provide some usable insight.

OP
OP
B

Bu3askoor

Reaction score
@smurfslayer thanks . I tried thinkdiag 2, which also provide service level diagnosis , I couldn't recalibrate using it .

I can see the module , I can reset it but cannot recalibrate . Not sure if I should give up and bite the bullet .... I just wish I can just have cruise control lol.

I had a long drive today and it sucked

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your scan tool may not have the capability of running the calibration routine. Likely you will need Ford IDS.

OP
OP
B

Bu3askoor

Reaction score
Just as an update:

Until I figure out what's wrong with the sensor, I was able to disable adaptive cruise control while maintaining regular cruise control .

I used forscan thru IPC module and changed the attached settings in the screen shot.

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20240129_172040453.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240129_172040453.MP.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 17

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just as an update:

Until I figure out what's wrong with the sensor, I was able to disable adaptive cruise control while maintaining regular cruise control .

I used forscan thru IPC module and changed the attached settings in the screen shot.

Thanks
You should be able to do that in the truck instrument cluster I believe.

OP
OP
B

Bu3askoor

Reaction score
Just to update this post.

I accessed the radar behind the plastic panel on the bumper. There are essentially 3 bolts holding it. One on top and two at the bottom. The one on top manges the vertical alignment. The two at the bottom manages the horizontal movement.

I focused on the bottom two by tighting one and loosening the other. Trial and error until I got the ALIGN_OFF to show - 1. This would work as long as that PID shows a number between +3 or -3.

Used the calibration process again until it worked

Biggest issue is that the number will only reflect the actual value once a calibration is done.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter