Street queen - using 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMann2380

Reaction score
3 week old Raptor, 1300 miles :)

I did get a real nice pinstripe down the whole passenger side which sucks anyway you cut it!!

6b098775-fe5b-6c67.jpg

Last edited:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
humvee .. lol i used to take my 2000 bmw x5 mudding like that in a puddle good times.
Jmann .... a raptor with battle scars looks alot better!!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm not much of a fan of the "pinstripe" look from tree branches and bushes. I'm all about beating my bumpers up, but I like my paint to stay intact. I think I've only got a couple of permanent stripes right now. She's still gotta look good shined up y'know?

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer to pin-stripping is XPEL paint protection film.

anyway, Straight panels are for *******. Go use the truck. Get it dirty, break it and fix it. It is part of the game.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you had bought a white one you woulndt see all those scratches! Except on the fender flares and bumpers and side mirrors and windows and...

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey it's got some mud from the lake. I said it was a street queen not a show truck!!

I don't see it as a waste as I really do get enjoyment out of it. It also tows the boat and trailer. It gets good use on the street.

And I don't mind the opinions. If i did, I would've never asked the question.

so what your saying is the truck is so bad ass you don't need 4X4 to pull the boat out of the water

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

ya gotta get the truck in the air it's a blast and it wont bust if you take it slow at first only an idiot would go balls out the first time other than making sure it works you don't have to use it

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Im the only crazy one i guess around here. the other guys wash their truck all the time.. hell i met one guy (not on the forums) has a 2012 red supercrew, this guy shines his stock wheels all day everyday LOL

im not crazy like bend frame crazy but thanks to the raptor im able to find awesome hunting fishing grounds and awesome logging trails that i other wise wouldnt have.... and when i do find these spots.... let er riPPPP!!!!

Watch out for Big Foot out there !
If you were at the Texas Raptor Run you would have seen some dirty trucks !
During GJMcManus install the comment was made several times as to how much mud was on his truck. It was kind of a saftey hazard at times with big mud clods falling off, Hee hee hee
I was under Whistlers and it looked like he didn"t miss a mud puddle either !

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Im the only crazy one i guess around here. the other guys wash their truck all the time.. hell i met one guy (not on the forums) has a 2012 red supercrew, this guy shines his stock wheels all day everyday LOL

im not crazy like bend frame crazy but thanks to the raptor im able to find awesome hunting fishing grounds and awesome logging trails that i other wise wouldnt have.... and when i do find these spots.... let er riPPPP!!!!

Lol you should check out some of my posts from last year, or have a look at the May pic in the FRF calendar! you're not the only crazy one here!
And I had pinstriping scratches that went past the grey primer down to the galvanized steel on the old truck - 1" pine branches do a number on paint, but when the trail is made for Jeeps... oh well.

I like getting dirty too as it means you weren't afraid to use the truck and put it through its paces (nothing against street queens, I just use function over form). Or maybe it's spending the first 30 years of my life in Ontario - must be something in the drinking water...

My truck's still splattered with mud from yesterdays run because it took 3 hours to get the vids up and I was too lazy to wash it that late. But I drove past a group of kids waiting for the school bus this morning and the looks and cheers were priceless!