Stolen Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find your own comps in the area and out of the area if you can’t find ones with all the options. Be prepared to argue your case when they come in with money for a high mileage 800a two years older than yours.

Teraflx

Reaction score
I sell insurance and have for 15 years so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Your company should pay out whatever the fair market value is on your truck all things considered. If your truck would sell for say $60,000 then you should get close to that figure. They usually offer a little under to begin with but you can reject that figure and try and get more. There is absolutely no reason you should be out $20,000 unless something is totally different in Canada. Make sure you mention all accessories, recent maintenance like newer tires, etc. because that can all play a part in the valuation.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that sucks getting your truck stolen. Any video surveillance of the parking garage?

I don’t have much experience with this insurance claims.

Talk to your insurance about what coverage you have. Don’t take the first $ amount they offer. Have them look at current replacement prices and go by that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ROCKMUZK

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum page. My 2018 Raptor was stolen from my garage in my condo and after speaking with the insurance I was told that they would be considering the vehicle as a total loss and pay me what the truck is worth today. My truck had every option except for front decals and the carbon fiber interior package. It was pretty much loaded and I only had 40,000 kms on it. With the way things stand, the insurance is ready to negotiate pay me what the truck is worth right now. I never had the intentions of selling this truck and being in Toronto I doubt there are other raptors similar to mine with low kms, that have been babied. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me or have had a similar experience. The way I see it, I am going to be losing at least 20-30 grand from this situation.

It has a dark window tint and custom license plates. And the antenna broke. Other than that its standard
H

ROCKMUZK

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum page. My 2018 Raptor was stolen from my garage in my condo and after speaking with the insurance I was told that they would be considering the vehicle as a total loss and pay me what the truck is worth today. My truck had every option except for front decals and the carbon fiber interior package. It was pretty much loaded and I only had 40,000 kms on it. With the way things stand, the insurance is ready to negotiate pay me what the truck is worth right now. I never had the intentions of selling this truck and being in Toronto I doubt there are other raptors similar to mine with low kms, that have been babied. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me or have had a similar experience. The way I see it, I am going to be losing at least 20-30 grand from this situation.

It has a dark window tint and custom license plates. And the antenna broke. Other than that its standard
Hey bro....sorry that happened to you but as it stand you my have to take the insurance coverages and apply that to a new raptor if you choose this truck again to own...it appears tbere isnt much of a choice at this point but to start from the ground up again

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I know for sure is when they give you comparative vehicle quotes be SURE to ask them for the contact information and CONTACT THE DEALER they say has it and ask to make an appointment to see their truck. Years ago I worked at a friends restoration shop and my GF badly messed up her car door. Insurance low balled the replacement cost with a wrecking yard quote that was about half what I could find at any wrecking yard. The insurance company reluctantly gave me the number of the wrecking yard and I told them I was coming down to buy the door. The wrecker said it wasn't at his yard but was on the hotline. I said OK I'll go get it anyway. He hemmed and hawwed and finally said. Look F.....s Insurance gives us a list. They call us and we read the list back to them. If you found a good door you can use for twice the quote it is a good deal and my advice to you is to go and get it!!!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they are paying you current market value, i dont see how you’re losing 30k? I would take the money and put an order in for Gen 3