Stolen Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaan94

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum page. My 2018 Raptor was stolen from my garage in my condo and after speaking with the insurance I was told that they would be considering the vehicle as a total loss and pay me what the truck is worth today. My truck had every option except for front decals and the carbon fiber interior package. It was pretty much loaded and I only had 40,000 kms on it. With the way things stand, the insurance is ready to negotiate pay me what the truck is worth right now. I never had the intentions of selling this truck and being in Toronto I doubt there are other raptors similar to mine with low kms, that have been babied. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me or have had a similar experience. The way I see it, I am going to be losing at least 20-30 grand from this situation.

It has a dark window tint and custom license plates. And the antenna broke. Other than that its standard

Attachments

• 5BEB651F-C14E-4733-BD3D-5F326F9C1BAF.png
    5BEB651F-C14E-4733-BD3D-5F326F9C1BAF.png
    676.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 7F388635-C9F3-498B-AD3B-83387EB64270.png
    7F388635-C9F3-498B-AD3B-83387EB64270.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 63
  • CBB57604-B09E-49CE-A7B1-56C1B9FDDE8D.png
    CBB57604-B09E-49CE-A7B1-56C1B9FDDE8D.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I totaled my raptor, I had new car replacement coverage on it. Do you have that in Canada?
The coverage allowed you to get a vehicle up to one year newer within 20k miles. They used some market analyze to find 5 like trucks within 100 miles of my location with same specs and similar mileage. They took an average of those and the offer to me was fair so I took it. The first offer they didn't do any of that and lowballed me so I balked. Do not be worried about disagreeing with your insurance, fight for what you feel they need to be.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have replacement coverage in Canada, here, in BC you can get it up to 3 years I think, I had it on my Raptor for the first 2 years, you pay extra for it. Don't take the first offer they give you, best thing is not to be in a hurry to settle. When I rolled my Jeep a couple years ago, they low balled me and tried to tell me there was a jeep nearby me selling for the same price as offered. I looked on the internet and dealerships nearby and there was nothing. I called them on their BS offer and they easily gave me what I paid for it just 2 years prior. They wanted to know what I paid for it and I said, none of your business, these insurance companies only want to pay the least amount as possible, as does anybody. Make a list of all your mods, etc as they pay a percentage of those as well, or should. Good luck.