Stolen Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKS18RAPTOR

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a new member of this forum page. My 2018 Raptor was stolen from my garage in my condo and after speaking with the insurance I was told that they would be considering the vehicle as a total loss and pay me what the truck is worth today. My truck had every option except for front decals and the carbon fiber interior package. It was pretty much loaded and I only had 40,000 kms on it. With the way things stand, the insurance is ready to negotiate pay me what the truck is worth right now. I never had the intentions of selling this truck and being in Toronto I doubt there are other raptors similar to mine with low kms, that have been babied. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me or have had a similar experience. The way I see it, I am going to be losing at least 20-30 grand from this situation.

It has a dark window tint and custom license plates. And the antenna broke. Other than that its standard
KAAN94, I have a low mileage, fully loaded White 2018 that I have been considering selling. Let me know if you are interested.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The police in city reported that 9 raptors are stolen since Feb 24th, 2022. So less than 3 weeks and stole 9. It sucks
What is it with Canada and stolen Raptors? Are they chopping them up, and selling off the parts? Or shipping them abroad?

If I lived anywhere in Canada, I would look into equipping the Raptor with some type of fuel cut off switch, or engine kill switch. Something to make it harder for the thieves.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ravelco price jumped from $500 (in 2019) to $600 today, for any f150 install. I'm not happy about paying that for 90min of labor & a $30 device, but they claim they've installed 5 million units, and not 1 has ever been beaten by a car thief. Ever. Unless they take it at gunpoint, bring a wrecker, or you get lazy and leave the chip in, it's always going to be where you parked it. I'm into mine for about $40K right now, including upgrades, fresh tires & shocks, etc. You could photoshop Ravelco window stickers and take your chances, though

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is it with Canada and stolen Raptors? Are they chopping them up, and selling off the parts? Or shipping them abroad?

If I lived anywhere in Canada, I would look into equipping the Raptor with some type of fuel cut off switch, or engine kill switch. Something to make it harder for the thieves.
We have ports in Halifax, Toronto, Montreal etc where vehicles are loaded up and shipped overseas.

The degenerate thieves that attempted to steal mine did almost no damage to get in. They don’t want to damage the demand product - it hurts their wallet.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ravelco price jumped from $500 (in 2019) to $600 today, for any f150 install. I'm not happy about paying that for 90min of labor & a $30 device, but they claim they've installed 5 million units, and not 1 has ever been beaten by a car thief. Ever. Unless they take it at gunpoint, bring a wrecker, or you get lazy and leave the chip in, it's always going to be where you parked it. I'm into mine for about $40K right now, including upgrades, fresh tires & shocks, etc. You could photoshop Ravelco window stickers and take your chances, though
I read many cases where the window sticker actually makes most thieves walk away.

I was contemplating the JimmiJammers but I think your doors will get carved up.

Reaction score

I never considered any anti-theft additions up until now. I will definitely be doing that with the next vehicle I get. I asked a neighbour if they saw anything and he mentioned how his boss's f150 got stolen and it was found 6 days later on freight leaving from Montreal, just like @JohnyPython said. My guess is they're being sold overseas, I don't imagine chopping up the truck and selling parts is more profitable than that.

I wonder if Ford blacklists the stolen VINs though, or maybe the thieves change everything so it can't be tracked. I just want to know what happened at this point, I don't want the truck back.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you think we get our random European friends on here?