stock suspension testing on my terrain, panama offroad desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowthen

Reaction score
KTM, where abouts in Panama are you? I am living here in Panama City. I am seeing more Raptors around now, maybe we should have our own Raptor run.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You def need to be going faster then that on the straight stretches. Dont go so fast where you are out of control but you really are not allowing the suspension to work for you. You will see that the faster you go (up to a point) the ride will smooth out more and more.

Tell your dad to stop being a *****. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Oh and even with 3.0's you are still going to have a similar ride at those speeds. The 3.0's will just soak up more (and larger) bumps when you are at speed allowing you to go even faster.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok here is what I would do if I had private land like you have in your video's, and I'm serious about this. Forget the Raptor, sure it could be fun out there, but not near as much as a fully built STi or Evo. Slap a set of gravel tires on one of those things, invest in a set of Ohlins, tune, cage it and get nuts. It would be way more fun than a Raptor could ever be on that stuff.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha i like jarretts idea!

and you think the raptors a ruff ride? dude take a regular truck down something like that haha it would be even rougher at that speed! hammer it down and see what that beast can do! dont be afraid its made for this shit!

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KTM, where abouts in Panama are you? I am living here in Panama City. I am seeing more Raptors around now, maybe we should have our own Raptor run.

hey nowthen, i live in santiago, there are a couple of svt raptor here.
have you been offroading in your svt raptor?

nowthen

Reaction score
Hey man, hit some trails around Volcan in my old 5.4, but have since traded up to the 6.2 and haven't had it off road yet after 2,000km

Are you the owner of the Silver 2012 I have seen in Santiago? We are sometimes visiting friends there...

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here is what I would do if I had private land like you have in your video's, and I'm serious about this. Forget the Raptor, sure it could be fun out there, but not near as much as a fully built STi or Evo. Slap a set of gravel tires on one of those things, invest in a set of Ohlins, tune, cage it and get nuts. It would be way more fun than a Raptor could ever be on that stuff.

^
This man speaks the truth, that would be a blast and a half.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
17" rims 37" tires and air down to 25psi. That will do more for those roads than all the suspension stuff you keep talking about.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO Air down your tires, stop being a ****** and hit the gas pedal, andmake sure you lock the diff, offroad mode and turn off traction control. like everyone else has said your going to slow. 3.0's are made to compress and rebound on the bigger bumps. shoot the bumps on these little washboard gravel roads will barely be able to move the shock, might even be more rough. Quit bitchin about the truck and its suspension learn how to drive it.

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, hit some trails around Volcan in my old 5.4, but have since traded up to the 6.2 and haven't had it off road yet after 2,000km

Are you the owner of the Silver 2012 I have seen in Santiago? We are sometimes visiting friends there...

Hey i sent you a PM