40s oh my! Help me decide please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all-

I may be rejoining the Raptor family after a 2-year hiatus! I had a 2017, sold it, and am looking again.

I hope the link works. It's a video of what I'm seriously considering.

I know what many will say. But realistically, I won't take this to the desert. I didn't take my other one to the desert, because when we went there we towed the RZR. WAY less expensive to repair, and I need to be able to get back home to Texas. This would primarily be a speed bump only truck. If I can take it off-roading, after I get some advice, I would sometimes I suppose.

So, please take a look and tell me what I'm getting myself into. Two concerns so far that I'm considering. Will it rub? It definitely has a lift. Deavers and coilovers. And please take a look at the front axle shafts. Are they at a critical angle to where I'm going to burn through them?

Advice appreciated. Flaming expected and taken graciously.

Please let me know if you are unable to view the video

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind trying again? I used Dropbox for the video.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I looked at 5-6 Raptors fitted with 40's, 41's and 42's. SWEET! Just couldn't swing the $.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just saw the video and it looks pretty good. It definitely doesn't have Long Travel suspension, so they're using wheel spacers to push the wheels out further to fit the bigger fenders. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's worth mentioning. Looks like it has an early Full-Race intercooler with that non-clocked BOV on there. Not a problem and you could get a new charge pipe to protect the BOV more. It's got good Fox Factory Race 3.0 upgraded shocks front and rear, rear bump stops and Deavers out back. I'd probably upgrade the UCAs so to finish it off, but it has a nice suspension setup on it and it's not lifted for the big wheels. If you like the look and plan to keep it mostly street, I say go for it. It looks pretty killer.

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t take it off road, the little things like having a place to park in or even going through a drive thru would be a pain in the ass. But no doubt it looks pretty sweet!

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel that this one is priced right at $60k. It has 70k miles. (2017)
imo i feel like thats a bit high
If it had actual long or mid travel sure, and depends on if you need to rebuild those shocks or not

Not worried about spacers on the rear, but that much negative offset on the front may cause some issues down the road. Lot of extra stress on components there