40s oh my! Help me decide please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo i feel like thats a bit high
If it had actual long or mid travel sure, and depends on if you need to rebuild those shocks or not

Not worried about spacers on the rear, but that much negative offset on the front may cause some issues down the road. Lot of extra stress on components there
Fair enough. This is exactly why I posted up. I don't want to buy a money pit, and certainly don't want to pay too much for one. What would you think it's worth? I realize you don't get full money for mods, but those fenders, bumpers, suspension and all of the paint and installation was not cheap.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. This is exactly why I posted up. I don't want to buy a money pit, and certainly don't want to pay too much for one. What would you think it's worth? I realize you don't get full money for mods, but those fenders, bumpers, suspension and all of the paint and installation was not cheap.
a '17 with 70k miles stock or w/e is generally 47-50k if its in decent shape.
Fenders, shocks, bump stops and tires are nice and getting this vs buying that at msrp is a decent bit of savings so if thats worth it to you and since you dont plan on offroading it.
To me id be concerned on the extra weight of the tire plus the offset would cause issues on the stock components, not sure if thatll happen if its just street driven and of course depends on how the previous owner used it.
If i were looking for something not to be a potential money pit, i wouldnt have that on the top of my list.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Truck looks nice. If you move on it, you will want to keep a budget for suspension part replacement. Including half shafts. They will wear out faster due to how they got the width.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a ronin factory build where they just used spacers instead of Mid/Long travel to fill out the Deberti fenders. Agreed on making sure the components don't get overstressed up front. Change out the Tie rods while you are at it to RPG/SVC or someone else so it at least will keep the steering a bit stronger. Check and see what type of spacers they have in there and how much offset it it pushing it out. I'm guessing 1 to 1.5" with 0 offset wheels.

Looks cool and I have considered doing the Deberti treatment to my truck but I just couldn't justify not getting a MT/LT suspension setup if I were to get those fenders. Keeping my truck at where it is, and not modding it further.

Good luck!

Just a thought, maybe look for a slightly lower mileage truck, or get a 2019-2020 that may still be under warranty and then just mod it yourself how you want to down the road, you'll also have a peace of mind knowing that you did the work yourself or had a good shop you trust do it..

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Looks like a ronin factory build where they just used spacers instead of Mid/Long travel to fill out the Deberti fenders. Agreed on making sure the components don't get overstressed up front. Change out the Tie rods while you are at it to RPG/SVC or someone else so it at least will keep the steering a bit stronger. Check and see what type of spacers they have in there and how much offset it it pushing it out. I'm guessing 1 to 1.5" with 0 offset wheels.

Looks cool and I have considered doing the Deberti treatment to my truck but I just couldn't justify not getting a MT/LT suspension setup if I were to get those fenders. Keeping my truck at where it is, and not modding it further.

Good luck!

Just a thought, maybe look for a slightly lower mileage truck, or get a 2019-2020 that may still be under warranty and then just mod it yourself how you want to down the road, you'll also have a peace of mind knowing that you did the work yourself or had a good shop you trust do it..
Exactly what I was thinking. Most of the ones I looked at were Ronin factory builds. Definitely VERY nice, but $$$$$$$.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a ballpark cost to have those shocks rebuilt?

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think @mattl600 is putting 40s on at SVC right meow.

I’m gonna run 37s for a bit.

Just did all the +2 /+2.5 fenders and bed sides so really don’t want to immediately do +4s haha.

Also they’ve been seeing a lot of wear in the rear housings / axles with 39s. Maybe I’ll wait it out.