Took stock Raptor to offroad trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bekari

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Yesterday took my 21 raptor to offroad trip, lot's of snow, lot's of mud and ice.
Was only stock vehicle there, and only one on all terrain tires. all others had mud terrains or Mud terrains + chains.

Good: it can do everything big offroading beasts can do, in snow you just need to put it in Baja mode and use your right foot like crazy. We had there Nissan patrols on 42 inch Maxxis extreme mud tires, F350 on 40 mud tires. Only thing you can't do on stock raptor is air down BFG ko2-s to 0.3-0.5 BAR (5-7 PSI) like those monsters do. It's very good on frozen snow or just ice, good in mud (if you full send it).
I have also 2018 Gen 2, on 37s, 3.0 Icons etc. etc. Must say Gen 3 feels superior.

Bad: Ground clearance, in Deep snow, still not enough if big boys are leading. Wet grass, this is absolute nemesis for BFGs, it just can't find grip.

Will make big video in couple of days, but here is sneak pick, crossing iced water.

20221218_133209302_iOS.png

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn good for a stock truck. Keep in mind, you don't have a solid front. Ground clearance issues are exacerbated by ifs… and yes, if you are planning in running in those type environments quite often, a set of mud tires and a winch will offset literally thousands of suspension mods… You in Canada? If you have bead locks, you can get close to 5psi for
Sure…

OP
OP
Bekari

Bekari

Reaction score
Damn good for a stock truck. Keep in mind, you don't have a solid front. Ground clearance issues are exacerbated by ifs… and yes, if you are planning in running in those type environments quite often, a set of mud tires and a winch will offset literally thousands of suspension mods… You in Canada? If you have bead locks, you can get close to 5psi for
Sure…
I am in Georgia (Country, not US state), I do have mud tires, Nitto Mud grapplers (They are on my gen 2), but wanted to go and test what fully stock gen3 can do. About clearance, when snow is packed and skid plate slides over it it's pretty much done.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in Georgia (Country, not US state), I do have mud tires, Nitto Mud grapplers (They are on my gen 2), but wanted to go and test what fully stock gen3 can do. About clearance, when snow is packed and skid plate slides over it it's pretty much done.
Yep high siding on snow sucks, only way you is back…