Sticky under 6.2 emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I know but reading it looks like you're telling him to use some other crap u don't use and holding out on the good info lol

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
the 3 M adhesive remover is the best for left over residue! i used it when i took off the previous owners knock off mud graphics and it worked great!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best item I have found to remove anything sticky is Naptha. It can be found at any paint store.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different things I have tried using to clean up adhesive:

3M Adhesive remover - Works really well, is expensive. Doesn't work well on all types of adhesives.

Goo gone- Cheap, works on some adhesives really well, doesn't work at all on other types of adhesives.

WD40 - almost everyone already has this at home. Actually does work on some adhesives, but not that well.

Isopropyl Alcohol - Works pretty well, but it evaporates quickly so it doesn't work that well on vertical surfaces. Also good for cleaning up after you use goo gone or WD40.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Goo gone makes a bunnch of different products now. The original in the small square can is the best type to use, but it is hard to find. The spray on crap barely does anything to adhesives.

Last edited:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3m adhesive remover apply it and let sit a minute you will see the adhesive turn to a jelly like substance.. and no do not use it on toast.. You may have to reapply a couple times to get it gone, but works very well.. I have used it several hundred times..

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different things I have tried using to clean up adhesive:

3M Adhesive remover - Works really well, is expensive. Doesn't work well on all types of adhesives.

Goo gone- Cheap, works on some adhesives really well, doesn't work at all on other types of adhesives.

WD40 - almost everyone already has this at home. Actually does work on some adhesives, but not that well.

Isopropyl Alcohol - Works pretty well, but it evaporates quickly so it doesn't work that well on vertical surfaces. Also good for cleaning up after you use goo gone or WD40.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Goo gone makes a bunnch of different products now. The original in the small square can is the best type to use, but it is hard to find. The spray on crap barely does anything to adhesives.

I thought WD40 was not good on paint.

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a stripe-off wheel for debadging trucks. NAPA carries them. it's also referred to as a eraser wheel. Perfectly safe for your paint