2010 6.2 stumbles at idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Ever since I bought my 2010 6.2, it would idle a little off. It would idle fine and then drop to 400ish rpm and then hop to 700rpm and then level back off at 600, and idle fine for a minute or two and then do it again. Is there any common fix for that symptom? I think plugs were done on the truck somewhere before I bought it. Truck is tuned with 5 star now and still does it. The truck does have a sticky VCT actuator that i just still haven’t replaced, and sometimes it freaks out and the truck almost lopes at idle, but it hasn’t done that in a few months.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Ever since I bought my 2010 6.2, it would idle a little off. It would idle fine and then drop to 400ish rpm and then hop to 700rpm and then level back off at 600, and idle fine for a minute or two and then do it again. Is there any common fix for that symptom? I think plugs were done on the truck somewhere before I bought it. Truck is tuned with 5 star now and still does it. The truck does have a sticky VCT actuator that i just still haven’t replaced, and sometimes it freaks out and the truck almost lopes at idle, but it hasn’t done that in a few months.
Mine does something like that, OEM plugs, i call it normal.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Gotcha. With no other raptor owners that I know close to me I don’t really know if a lot of the quirks in my truck are normal. I can compare everything but engine stuff to my buddies 5.0 but I don’t know anyone with a 6.2.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT an expert,but mine was running rough couple years ago....
Repair bill reads:
Check vehicle for rough idle
Perform computer test P0203
Replaced wire connector at #3 injector
Cleaned MAF Sensor and reset ECM

Might want to check all your injector wires...my #3 was chewed my a mouse....who meet his demise a few days later.:33:

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Oh I know the canister purge valve is bad, I have the hard start issue after fillup. Didn’t realize it could cause the idle issue.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Gotcha. With no other raptor owners that I know close to me I don’t really know if a lot of the quirks in my truck are normal. I can compare everything but engine stuff to my buddies 5.0 but I don’t know anyone with a 6.2.
My 2010 6.2 idles very smooth, always have so I don't think your issue in normal in any way. Definitely would follow some of the advice posted here for you.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Mine normally idles smooth, not as smooth as my buddies platinum 2012 5.0, but it’s not shaky. The issue I’m having is it surging at idle.