Steering wheel stripe chipping after a year of use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the justification needed to have the dealer replace a steering wheel? Are cosmetic issues enough? If so, wish I knew that on my old vehicle!
I’m guessing just if it is still under warranty they can’t really deny it. So I’d say cosmetic issues would be enough

Zilla

Reaction score
My 19 started doing this after the first year. Finally took it into the dealer for something else and they offered to replace the steering wheel for me because of the stripe.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Would it be covered under PremiumCare warranty at 75k miles????? Mine has started chipping too, so if it's covered, I'll have em replace it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only defects are covered; not normal wear and tear or appearance issues caused by lack of maintenance (embedded dirt/staining), chemical damage, or physical damage such as abrasions, scratches, scuffs, etc.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 159254 Does anyone have any tips or ideas to fix the red stripe on the steering wheel? It’s only a year old and I’m surprised it’s already began chipping but I bought it used so idk how well that part was cleaned before I owned it.
121k miles on mine and stripe still looks great. Maybe PO didn’t touch the stripe

dgr810

Reaction score
I had my steering wheel replaced under factory warranty. Now the wheel is doing it again however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, that’s pretty good for a used truck. Most of them are jacked and often really dirty. I looked at a ton before buying mine. Mine is worse than yours but better than most. I think even the orange accent steering wheel is surprisingly cheap—$450 IIRC.