Steering wheel stripe chipping after a year of use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5309B03A-1798-4BD8-A93D-461B6324D511.jpeg Does anyone have any tips or ideas to fix the red stripe on the steering wheel? It’s only a year old and I’m surprised it’s already began chipping but I bought it used so idk how well that part was cleaned before I owned it.

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer will replace your steering wheel under warranty, that is if you are still under warranty.
I bought extended warranty so I might end up doing that. I’ve also considered a custom steering wheel at some point but wanna keep the heated function so it’s been harder to find that.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I bought extended warranty so I might end up doing that. I’ve also considered a custom steering wheel at some point but wanna keep the heated function so it’s been harder to find that.

i just had my steering wheel replaced under warranty a couple months ago. Nothing feels better than a brand new steering wheel.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just had my steering wheel replaced under warranty a couple months ago. Nothing feels better than a brand new steering wheel.

I only have 5,000 miles on mine so far and I often think about how much I like the feel of the leather wheel. I would just get the dealer to warranty it.

There is a steering wheel vendor on here called @Rau Racing Wheels if you want to change up to a different wheel. A lot of guys in here were very happy with them.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/forums/rau-racing-wheels.295/

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did you have before you got a new steering wheel, or how long I guess I should ask?

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 5,000 miles on mine so far and I often think about how much I like the feel of the leather wheel. I would just get the dealer to warranty it.

There is a steering wheel vendor on here called @Rau Racing Wheels if you want to change up to a different wheel. A lot of guys in here were very happy with them.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/forums/rau-racing-wheels.295/
I’ve heard of them and will probably go with them if I get a different one! If anything sometime down the road I’ll get it replaced

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the justification needed to have the dealer replace a steering wheel? Are cosmetic issues enough? If so, wish I knew that on my old vehicle!