Steering feel after power steering flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just had the dealer do a full power steering flush on my 13' SCab as the pump was starting to get a little whiny. I hopped back in it on Monday after being away from home for the weekend and to me it feels like the steering is a bit firmer than I remember it being. I should note that the temps have been in the 7 to 20 degree area since I got back so maybe the new fluid and the cold temps have something to do with it.

Any thoughts?

- Travis

D

Deleted member 12951

Some remove all the PS fluid from the reservoir monthly or two and fill with new to keep it “fresher”.

Not sure if makes your steering feel tighter as most likely the cold but regardless the pump did enjoy the complete new fluid.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing the oil, the steering should become easier. My money is on the cold weather. Get it up to temp and then see how hard it is to turn. Also, stupid observation, you are also probably wearing a winter jacket which will hinder your turning slightly. (Hate driving in thick jackets..)