Power loss after running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah that makes sense.
Is there a chance it is defective or maybe something came undone or loose? You're definitely on the right path with the boost leak imo

OP
OP
F

firemanjoe

Reaction score
The problem started before I replaced the valve. That’s why I replaced it. I’m not sure it has to do with a boost leak. When it does it, it still builds boost and vents, but feels like the turbos aren’t working

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem started before I replaced the valve. That’s why I replaced it. I’m not sure it has to do with a boost leak. When it does it, it still builds boost and vents, but feels like the turbos aren’t working
I had this happen to me once. Boost was being made and registering on the dash, but there was very little power. My only thought was that the BOV got stuck open.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

which on the surface seems to rule it out but ...

NEVER modify a truck with a known problem or issue ! ! ! !
Your troubleshooting becomes exponentially more complicated the more mods you take on.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it My son had the same issue on his ford focus st. It was the plastic pipe intercooler piping that came loose. Check all intercooler piping and make sure the clamps are tight. If the problem was there prior to replacing the BoV chances are it's an intercooler pipe that's loose.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's just weird man, are there any codes?
I just can't imagine it's the turbos but you never know. Also sounds like when your catalytic converter is clogged but I can't imagine it could be that already. Gotta be something dumb. Have you tried doing the throttle reset? Not sure it would help but there's a trick on YouTube where you turn the key on, push the gas pedal down slowly and release quickly 5 times etc..and most people reported it helped their performance, response acceleration etc..
It's a long shot but who knows.
You're using 93 octane correct? I know people say todays turbo vehicles run fine with 87 octane blah blah but I just don't agree, if they do it not for long and you're not helping the engine. Anyway I'm sorry I can't be more help here :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter