Power loss after running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemanjoe

Reaction score
Seems like after I’ve been running around town a while and the truck has been running a while and warm , it feels like the turbos aren’t kicking in at all. The gauge shows boost and I can hear the bov venting, but a major loss of power. Any ideas?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Seems like after I’ve been running around town a while and the truck has been running a while and warm , it feels like the turbos aren’t kicking in at all. The gauge shows boost and I can hear the bov venting, but a major loss of power. Any ideas?
Are you in eco normal drive mode?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a stock truck you should not hear the BOV venting... Sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere...

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe a blow off valve? Weird that it only does it after warming up but it may be that it's just getting worse and randomly going out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
should not hear the BOV under steady throttle... but after letting off, ok.

when you say no mods - no mods from you, or, you bought it new and you KNOW there are no mods?

Normal mode is disgustingly lazy in the Rap. Especially early production ’17’s. A combination of programming commands the truck to stay in the gear it’s in under most conditions, including part throttle in higher gears. The first time this happened to me, I thought I broke something. I went to merge on to an interstate from a 35mph exit and the truck was in 8th gear, would not downshift. I floored it and still no downshift but FULL BOOST for what seemed like an eternity as it waddled its way up to 60mph and I just hit the brakes waiting for a gap.

There was a TSB to address ‘harsh’ shifting that fixed this on my truck.
This is why I asked about normal drive mode. It can sometimes fool you into thinking “WTH? Where’s all my power?”
use sport mode and see if it behaves the same way.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should hear blow off valve even after let off since it's not an after market blow off valve type but actually a recirculating bov ...thoughts ‍♂️