Power loss after running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavendort

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When the truck is warm but not hot it makes ample and smooth power. When it is hot it makes very little power until 5000 rpm then it pulls hard. Definitely a boost leak, but odd that it suddenly starts pulling way later in the powerband. My thought initially was the BOV leaking, but then like most boost leaks it would just get worse as rpm and boost climb. Strange.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hole in the intercooler (rotted out circuit somewhere or a split in the plastic housing), or slit in an intercooler tube elbow is my guess.

Good luck! Hope you find it!

OP
OP
F

firemanjoe

Reaction score
Took it to for two weeks ago. And got it back today. There was a crack in the valve cover causing a fluctuation in oil pressure which caused the pcm to do weird things. It’s driving normal now with plenty of power.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta Love them plastic valve covers ‍♂️
I have a gen1 and thankfully replaced the plastic junk with earlier metal ones. Powder coated them to look pretty also. Lol