Power steering slight grind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LARAPTOR62

Reaction score
First weekend I had my new to me, 89k miles, 2013 raptor crew cab I blew out my power steering pump while ripping donuts in the dirt.
Seems like a common issue going through the forums, and there are aftermarket pump and reservoir options.
I opted just to do a PS flush, new reservoir and pump all 0E and refrain from ripping donuts in the future.
After the repairs, it seems like sometimes there's a slight grind when turning, like between 1 and 2 full steering wheel rotations, and a slight whine as well. Is that normal?
Do these trucks have any issues with the steering racks too? Hopefully not as those are pricey

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First weekend I had my new to me, 89k miles, 2013 raptor crew cab I blew out my power steering pump while ripping donuts in the dirt.
Seems like a common issue going through the forums, and there are aftermarket pump and reservoir options.
I opted just to do a PS flush, new reservoir and pump all 0E and refrain from ripping donuts in the future.
After the repairs, it seems like sometimes there's a slight grind when turning, like between 1 and 2 full steering wheel rotations, and a slight whine as well. Is that normal?
Do these trucks have any issues with the steering racks too? Hopefully not as those are pricey
you can do donuts, just dont do 4wd. also once you start the tire spin, you dont need full lock on the steering wheel. thats everyones mistake. as long as you keep the rear tires spinning you dont need the wheel all the way on one direction. depending on the size of the donut, counter steer is what you need. but gas pedal control is more important than turning the wheel all the way to full lock