Stainless Works Catback / Lightning Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered an SW X-pipe portion to add to this Scab system. Went thru Summit with the order since they have free shipping. Hope it doesn't take 7 weeks for SW to send it to me.

I looked at the Magna-Flow x-pipe as it is a third the cost of SW's, but the pipe spacing of each pipe keeps you locked in to the same manufacturer.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I received the exhaust from SW. Ordered it on November 28. So 7 weeks (50 days) to receive it with multiple calls to get an update (after a few weeks I got impatient). It's is impressive looking with quality workmanship throughout.

I will be documenting before and after the installation with db sound tests at various speeds to determine how much exhaust sound change there is.

Love that xr 750.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the SW X-Pipe. Nice piece of workmanship. Still debating whether or not to include their headers during the install. It's mostly about whether the high flow cats would pass Oregon's emission testing. If I don't do the headers, then it will be a matter of removing the factory Y-pipe and installing individual sections in that area to match up with the X-pipe and the rest of the SW package for a true dual exhaust system.

IMG_7813.1.jpg

IMG_7797.1.jpg

Last edited:

team430

Reaction score
I have the SS works long tube headers and exhaust, It has been great for many years but I now I can't smog it here in California. Does anyone have for sale or know were I could find used stock headers and Cats , mine went missing. Super bummed, CA is a pain in the ass.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SS works long tube headers and exhaust, It has been great for many years but I now I can't smog it here in California. Does anyone have for sale or know were I could find used stock headers and Cats , mine went missing. Super bummed, CA is a pain in the ass.

Have you tried using the O2 sensor spacers in the rear O2's to see if it would pass the emissions test?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SW Lightning style exhaust is installed. All went well. An easy install. Removed the factory "Y" pipe connection and added a couple of pipes in that same location to connect to the SW X-pipe which in turn mates to the SW Lightning exit system.

My observations:
1. A quality built system that fits everywhere it should with no clearance issues. The mounting bracket/clamp bolts up easily and provides a very solid mount to the tails. The tail tips are welded on double wall polished stainless. Theft proof and great looking.

2. The SW Turbo Chambered mufflers that came with the system have "Offset-Offset (same side) style inlet/outlets. As a result, they hang down below the frame. See attached images. I don't like it. Not enough room above to turn them upward. The mufflers should be "center-center" style inlet/outlets. There is enough room above for that style.

3. Even though the SW mufflers are 3" inlet/outlets, looking inside each end reveals that the openings of the muffler are actually only 2.25" in diameter. I don't like that either.

Sound test results of before and after installation will follow on another thread.

IMG_7820.1.jpg

IMG_7826.1.jpg

IMG_7829.1.jpg

Last edited:

SVO 85

Reaction score
Received the SW X-Pipe. Nice piece of workmanship. Still debating whether or not to include their headers during the install. It's mostly about whether the high flow cats would pass Oregon's emission testing. If I don't do the headers, then it will be a matter of removing the factory Y-pipe and installing individual sections in that area to match up with the X-pipe and the rest of the SW package for a true dual exhaust system.

You guys still have to pass DEQ in Medford? I thought that was just for us lucky ones in Portland.