Stainless Works Exhaust Downpipes/Catback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
Just finished installing the Stainless Works downpipes and cat-back exhaust and have an interesting issue!

The truck will absolutely stink of gas inside the cab on a cold start. I had an exhaust shop check for exhaust leaks and all is good there. I do occasionally get the P0420/P0430 codes for the cat efficiency but am planning on use the spark plug non-fouler spacer trick for that issue.

Is this just the life with new high flow cats? I can't imagine it would be this awful but it does smell like someone dumped some gasoline on the carpet in the truck.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah usually you get that smell with catless downpipes. Those cats on there must be 200 cel for it to smell that bad.

OP
OP
Thatblackraptor

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
So this morning I discovered a huge fuel leak on the mechanical fuel pump on the engine. One of the connections is just shooting gas out. Not sure how that happened.