Sports Car Owners: Do You Think The Truck is Quick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ll admit i was expecting more when i first got the truck on the acceleration front. I have a Mustang Terminator as my other car so the truck felt sluggish. I bought a JMS pedal Max and leave it set at 100%. It made a big difference in the acceleration feel. I then also added a JB4 which ups the boost some. I can say it now feels like i thought it should have felt from the factory. Very happy now and have no desire for further mods.

If a pedal max made a difference then you don’t know how to drive.

SVTCQ

Reaction score
I have a 2007 GT500 with 540 wheel hp. This truck is as quick as I need/want it to be. It's obviously not a rocket ship but it's good enough.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong but there is not a faster pickup made 0-60 stock from the factory.

Take a look at the comparison video I posted. The stock F150 3.5L Eco beats the stock Raptor every time...

Now, if you changed it to say: There is not a faster pickup made 0-60 stock from the factory "with 35 inch tires", then you would be RIGHT! Woo Hoo!

PS. I do not think there are ANY stock trucks with 35s from the factory besides the Raptor... :smile:

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not quick at all from factory! I’m coming from a Nissan GTR sports car so closer to super car performance than sports car performance but still....

I’m just waiting for some good R&D into these trucks because there has to be potential for some good power and torque gains with some injectors, E85, ****, manifolds, turbos, trans coolers, clutches, etc... If the bottom end can handle some added power we should be good here in another year or two. Turbo engines just have so much potential for adding power that there will be products in due time.

Full Race already has 3 stages of Turbo upgrades in the works and can expect those to show the first fastest times in 1/4 mile I would think. The stage three Turbo package uses some bad a$$ turbos good for 1000hp on the truck but since they are true race turbos I don’t know how streetable they will be.

I’m just waiting and ready to pull the trigger.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a pedal max made a difference then you don’t know how to drive.
Always atleast one jack ass on these forums! Yea because pushing a gas pedal in a 6000 pound truck requires so much driving skill! The medal max changes the ramp rate on the throttle opening giving a much better feel when accelrating from a stop. I prefer that feel because that is what im used to. I believe I’m not the only one considering there are over 600+comments in the pedal commander thread.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always atleast one jack ass on these forums! Yea because pushing a gas pedal in a 6000 pound truck requires so much driving skill! The medal max changes the ramp rate on the throttle opening giving a much better feel when accelrating from a stop. I prefer that feel because that is what im used to. I believe I’m not the only one considering there are over 600+comments in the pedal commander thread.

Hey if the placebo effect works for you then go for it. Like I said it don’t make the truck faster and if you think it does then your driving skills are lacking

truckster

Reaction score
A little sports car is going to feel faster anyways. It is smaller and lower to the ground.

You could launch on a cruise ship (hypothetically) and you could launch on a jet ski. The jet ski is going to feel it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if the placebo effect works for you then go for it. Like I said it don’t make the truck faster and if you think it does then your driving skills are lacking
I also have a Jb4 on the truck which does in fact add power. And yes combined with the pedal max the placebo affect works quite well. I never said the pedal max added power, but it does make the truck more enjoyable to drive. You disagree, great. You drive and enjoy your truck the way you like, and i wil do the same.

coder

Reaction score
The Raptor may have the most powerful F150 engine but it is not designed for speed on the street and it's not a sports or performance truck in the same way that a mustang is in the car world.

I think everyone realizes the Raptor was made for off road performance however many of the features that make it fast off road actually make it slower on the street. For example larger tires, lots of suspension travel, heavy duty axles and suspension components, etc.

Also fast off road is nothing like fast on the street. Million dollar trophy trucks that win the Baja 1000 average around 50 mph for the entire race. That is world class fast off road.

The Raptor was design around the suspension first and the drivetrain second and that's the way it should be if you need more speed on the street you may want to consider getting something else.

Last edited: