Sports Car Owners: Do You Think The Truck is Quick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2018 SCREW for almost 2 months and I love it. My one question is about quickness (or apparent lack thereof). Can someone, with a frame of reference for quick vehicles, give me a subjective impression of the Raptor's acceleration?

The reason I'm asking is that all the reviews made is sound like there's a big "wow" factor when you mash the throttle. I think the truck builds speed pretty quickly for its size, but there's no real feeling of thrust like you get even in some cheaper sports cars. I don't know if I just had higher expectations or if my motor is under powered. Passengers have also commented that it doesn't seem all that impressive on straight-line pavement.

I haven't had a performance vehicle in over 6 years so my memory is fuzzy, but I used to have a Subaru STi which is supposedly similar to the Raptor in acceleration. I could have sworn that car gave the impression of a lot more thrust than my truck does. Is it me or the truck?

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The windshield angle in trucks often makes you feel like the truck is slower than it’s actual speed. Sometimes I forget I’m going 50 in a 35.

I also have a small sports car, and while the car feels faster, the reality is it’s not that much faster than the truck. It just feels faster.

If you’re looking for thrust feeling, maybe consider a Pedal Commander or putting the truck in Sports Mode.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I do use Sport mode when I'm being more aggressive. The added throttle response helps. Just want to make sure it's all about the perception you describe and not lacking real world power.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a truck it's ok...... I dont think it's anything crazy tho. The truck kinda lacks on bottom end due to it being a V6 turbo but once you get up to speed and mash on the throttle it seems to pick up speed decently...

Now compared to my GTR the truck feels like it is standing still lol. But I did not buy the Raptor with thoughts of drag racing it. Raptor is plenty fast where it matters, off in the dirt!

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's ok for a truck but not quick at all compared to a sports car. It's rated at around 5.1 seconds 0-60 and 13.8 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Those numbers are almost identical to the sport version of the Ford Fusion, so not very impressive.

To me you aren't even approaching "quick" until you are well under 4 seconds 0-60 and under 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a truck, I consider it quick for a heavy pickup truck. If I want sports car quick, I'll hop in one of my other rides.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 STI stage 2, before the Raptor.
This truck is slooooooow. Even with a PC.

Wasn't really expecting the truck to be a rocket though, it's a heavy ass truck with big tires.