Sport Mode all the time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m4can2

Reaction score
After 7k miles I’ve realized Sport mode is where the truck seems happiest. IMO the truck feels way to sluggish in Normal Mode. I’ve gone back and forth a bunch and decided to run sport mode all the time about 500 miles ago. Anyone else do the same?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I did in my Jen Too for a while, but started running a pedal commander and find I can tolerate normal eco mode a little better about 85-90% of the time. At least you guys get a prompt to enable the last drive mode.

The only time I really don’t like the way sport mode operates is when I’m on a long stretch of pavement at anywhere from 45-60mph and no prospect for 65 or higher. Then I don’t mind if the truck up shifts to higher gears after a while. Otherwise, I agree with you, sport mode should be the default.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same, if only I could just default it to Sport via forescan or something.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, if only I could just default it to Sport via forescan or something.
Wait so it doesn’t stay in the mode you were driving in before turning it off and upon restarting it, it defaults back to regular mode?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 7k miles I’ve realized Sport mode is where the truck seems happiest. IMO the truck feels way to sluggish in Normal Mode. I’ve gone back and forth a bunch and decided to run sport mode all the time about 500 miles ago. Anyone else do the same?
I have tried Sport mode on my 2017 and 2019 and just feel like I am beating the crud out of the truck with how it needlessly holds RPMs and takes forever to upshift after getting in the gas a little. To me, Sport mode equals a Competition Racing mode and we need something between Normal and what is currently Sport mode.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have tried Sport mode on my 2017 and 2019 and just feel like I am beating the crud out of the truck with how it needlessly holds RPMs and takes forever to upshift after getting in the gas a little. To me, Sport mode equals a Competition Racing mode and we need something between Normal and what is currently Sport mode.

I disagree, my esteemed colleague. We’re not riding around in a lazy, 7 plus liter v8, this thing was made with hard, borderline abusive driving in mind. Sport mode is a street going drive mode, complete with street nannies. We could ride around in sport mode all day, all the time, and I’d wager 99% of us would be none the worse for wear.

compared to M&S or Baja, sport is pretty tame.

I do agree with you though that something between normal eco mode and sport would be nice. If you drive an Exploder ST, normal in that truck is much better than Raptor normal. You have to think of Raptor normal drive mode like eco mode in the rest of the Ford lineup. There really isn’t a normal drive mode for us, it’s either eco, or sport.