Sport Mode - The Superior Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haberman13

Reaction score
My Raptor loves sport mode, on a mechanical level.

I feel significantly less drivetrain stress, there is less shifting and turbo use and, the vehicle feels more connected.

Better gas mileage to boot.

Anyone else notice this? Normal / comfort in cruise control at 80? OK sure.

Otherwise sport mode is the superior mode for longevity, gas mileage, and user experience.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine gets worse gas mileage but feels less clunky and definitely is a better user experience.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
every mode has its time and place.

if I know I am never going above 45mph, sport mode is great...less shifting, keeps the truck in the power band. But if I am going 50+ or interstate, always normal mode. sport mode keeps the revs too high too long and is reluctant to shift to 10th gear.....even at speeds above 70mph.

Tbogo

Reaction score
When I run sport mode 5th gear hits hard and only 5th. Is this normal?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
sport mode keeps the revs too high too long and is reluctant to shift to 10th gear.....even at speeds above 70mph.

You shouldn’t be ‘holding on’ to 8th or 9th, at cruising throttle on level ground above 65. I can go as slow as 62 before a downshift to 9th and if I ease into the throttle it will hold 10th, but anything more than just nudging the throttle and Lucille downshifts under these conditions.

I like sport for most non interstate driving because the Jen Too normal mode sucks. As delivered, my Rap would not downshift out of 10th gear above 45-48mph in normal mode. I had a reprogramming done and since that reprogramming it’s been more tolerable in normal.
When I run sport mode 5th gear hits hard and only 5th. Is this normal?
yes.

OP
OP
haberman13

haberman13

Reaction score
The other thing I love about sport mode is the feeling that I control the gears with the pedal.

In normal its like I'm fighting with the pedal.