SPD HighFlow Turbo Adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of throwing some turbo adapters and a Corsa resonator delete under there. Trying for subtle mods that won’t instantly raise flags against any warranty work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I def like the turbo adapters. SPD is coming out with an exhaust system in a few weeks that they said sounds much deepeer then what's out there now, I am going to hold off and wait for that and try it out.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How hard is the turbo adapter install really? A little intimidated by comments about needing a torch, removing xmission cross member and supporting xmission, etc. Is this realistically a DIY in your driveway type of mod? Scale of 1-10?

Last edited:

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy that said he can feel the difference probably sells them for a living believe me you’re not gonna tell any difference in it,if anything you’re going to lose bottom end,I’ve done it it’s a waste of money

To be honest I did notice a harder pull on the lower rpm with the adapters and that was my first upgrade to the raptor with 170 state so I noticed the difference right away.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
How hard is the turbo adapter install really? A little intimidated by comments about needing a torch, removing xmission cross member and supporting xmission, etc. Is this realistically a DIY in your driveway type of mod? Scale of 1-10?
I love doing mods and I would recommend getting a exhaust shop do it. The newer the truck the easier it will be but make sure you get the stud extractor tool and install kit from them. I did down pipes at the same time. Easily a 5+ with miles on it.

Neens

Reaction score
My passenger side top stud would not budge even with a torch. It ended up really messing up the threads. Has to weld a nut onto a tap to clean it up before I could move forward.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did mine on some ramps in my driveway. With about 5k on the clock. I used a bernzomatic trigger start hose torch. Easy to get up in there. Get it glowing and use a good extractor.( Not the one they send with it, thats for installing.) Studs came right out.
I didnt drop my crossmember. I was able to use a ratchet strap and kind of pull the y pipe back far enough to get out the adapters.(using the slop in the rubber mounts).

wasnt toooo bad probably a 5-6 on 10 scale. For a mechanical inclined person. If most mechanical you have ever done is change the oil, then have someone do it.

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My Friend who installed them said it would have been much quicker on a lift but we did it without a torch etc, he said it wasn't bad just took more time because it wasn't on a lift. He is also a head mechnic at Range Rover so he knows his stuff, I would not be able to do it on my own, but I don't know enough about installs.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine on some ramps in my driveway. With about 5k on the clock. I used a bernzomatic trigger start hose torch. Easy to get up in there. Get it glowing and use a good extractor.( Not the one they send with it, thats for installing.) Studs came right out.
I didnt drop my crossmember. I was able to use a ratchet strap and kind of pull the y pipe back far enough to get out the adapters.(using the slop in the rubber mounts).

wasnt toooo bad probably a 5-6 on 10 scale. For a mechanical inclined person. If most mechanical you have ever done is change the oil, then have someone do it.

Appreciate the feedback, would probably lean to having a shop do it for me.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Friend who installed them said it would have been much quicker on a lift but we did it without a torch etc, he said it wasn't bad just took more time because it wasn't on a lift. He is also a head mechnic at Range Rover so he knows his stuff, I would not be able to do it on my own, but I don't know enough about installs.

Thanks for the feedback!