something in my front end feels loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raccol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any known issues with the front end?

I would describe it similar to the kind of feel and sound you'd get if a bushing was missing or worn out in a sway bar link.

It's not a metal-to-metal type clanking, more of a dull thud when going over bumps at lower speeds (15-20 mph).

any help would be appreciated.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Check the upper control arm bolts, myself and some others have had them loosen up and it does as you describe. Don't just look at them, put a wrench on them and make sure they're tight.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the lower control arm bolts. You can also check the steering rack! Dry steer it back and forth with out the truck running to see if it clunks.

OP
OP
raccol

raccol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I take it to the dealership to have the front end checked and the Ford service tech says he couldn't find anything loose in the front end. He told me he could hear the noise but it's due to the over-sized tires.

Really? If that's the case, I guess all of you are experiencing the same thing I am?

Last edited: