Front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzuern

Reaction score
Hello

I have a new to me 22 37 package with 22,000 miles.

I spent about 500 miles in the truck today after purchasing and have a few questions on the feel and drive characteristics of the vehicle.

1. Front end feels like it is in 4 wheel drive. Its hard to explain but the front end feels like it has resistance and a slight grind or vibration through the pedal and steering wheel. Almost as though it has an engine brake like my diesel.

2. I'm not sure if this is the 4.10 gearing but when I am on the throttle and let off the rpm's do not drop at all and it feels like it has a resistance. I am used to letting off and the rpms drop and feels like it coasts. This feels like its braking.

3. Steering is very sensitive. It was windy on the interstate today and I feel like i fought the truck most of the day.

Any help would be appreciated as I have had numerous fords and don't know the full characteristics of the raptor but something feels off.

thanks
Mike

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Doesn't sound normal. Thankfully you should have some warranty left. What tires do you have? Just stock ko2's?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with steering issues.

Did you have the steering in sport? Was the truck in baja? What are the tire pressures set at?

OP
OP
mzuern

mzuern

Reaction score
Yeah none of that sounds right.

Have you made sure its not in 4WD? Like switched in in and out of 4W and 2W?
So this morning i cycled the drive modes and set to normal again and it appears to have helped with the rpms. It looks identical on screen to what it was at before, has anyone had this happen where it would show its in normal but be acting like a different drive mode?

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a '22 with almost 7k miles. Mine has none of your symptoms and I'm very pleased with it.

First, I'd check tire pressures (cold, with a good gauge). I run mine at 38F and 34R. You also should have the dealer check the alignment. Good luck!!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, sounds like the truck had some aftermarket tune/"upgrades" that were removed before the sale but didn't revert the truck back to stock.

100% worth a trip to the dealer to have them flash everything.