Front end pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzuern

Reaction score
I have a 22 37 package and trying to figure out a pulsing/vibration I feel in the front end and gas pedal. When I get to around 54-55mph i start to feel a pulsing vibration in the front end. It feels like some resistance on the front end and is definitely a feeling through the pedal. I believe my 22 has the torsen front end which I have read has a feel to it but haven't driven a non torsen to compare. I've had it to the dealer and mentioned it and they haven't done anything. Posted on a forum and a few guys started iwe. Thoughts?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 23 without torsen. I personally think it’s the front pinion bearing but saw the posts about IWE on your other thread (I think you posted on the fb Gen 3 group?)

I’m planning on taking mine to another dealer in the next couple weeks. It’s something in the front end for sure and I’ve ruled out wheel/tire balance.

OP
OP
mzuern

mzuern

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 23 without torsen. I personally think it’s the front pinion bearing but saw the posts about IWE on your other thread (I think you posted on the fb Gen 3 group?)

I’m planning on taking mine to another dealer in the next couple weeks. It’s something in the front end for sure and I’ve ruled out wheel/tire balance.
I did mention it on that site as well. I just can't figure out what it is but know that it cannot be how the truck was designed to drive. I also notice it when letting off the gas at those similar speeds. It really is a pulsing or humming cadence you can hear and feel through the pedal.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I commented on your Facebook post but does it change if you switch between 4a vs 2wd? If so it definitely sounds like the recent IWE issues people are seeing

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I commented on your Facebook post but does it change if you switch between 4a vs 2wd? If so it definitely sounds like the recent IWE issues people are seeing
4A for me makes it more noticeable and worse. Dealer put some kind of tool that can give a rough estimate where the vibration is coming from n they have it narrowed down to the front.

Waiting on a ford field rep to check it out.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4A for me makes it more noticeable and worse. Dealer put some kind of tool that can give a rough estimate where the vibration is coming from n they have it narrowed down to the front.

Waiting on a ford field rep to check it out.
What speeds do you feel it?