Something I noticed today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try tow/haul mode. It's really nice on gen 2. It's what normal mode would have been but for the EPA. It shifts much better and maintains a reasonable rpm range. I really like how it downshifts and holds gears on steep hills. It also turns off the A.S.S. Having stay in mode during power cycles would be awesome.
Drove tow/haul mode on the way home from work. Drove good. That honestly is what the normal should be. Normal just feels neutered down compared to that mode. Had to cycle the ignition off/on and the truck remembered, and it was good to go right back into tow/haul just by hitting ok on the steering wheel. It has the getup and go feeling that the sport has, but without the jolt. When youre in sport mode, and any pedal input, you feel a jolt and get put back in your seat. Sport mode is fun every once in a while, but not always. Tow/haul was that, but without the jolt and it was comfortable. Definitely have to try this more.

Started raining, so I tried the slippery mode. At first I didn't like it. It definitely feels detuned when driving in this mode. Then I started to get on it, and it gave me the reminiscent feeling of driving my older diesel, the 3.0L ram or the 6.7L superduty. The throttle gets harder to press and the more load you put on the throttle pedal, the harder it gets. It feels satisfying to press the pedal. The speed increase of the truck is also more linear it feels. I don't mind this mode, its satisfying to drive, its different feeling.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the wireless charging, but I had the same issues in my last vehicle. It could barely maintain a charge and it would often overheat my iPhone (11 I think). I would have to hold my phone up to the vent to cool then put it back on the pad.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed the same with Sport mode and I agree, it is great.

One note on wireless Android Auto. It is amazing to have cable free Android Auto. I did realize that with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE) on the wireless pad, it was using more battery to run Android Auto than the wireless pad was replacing. Basically I was losing battery percentage even with the phone on the charging pad. Wonder if others are seeing the same?
Does it downscale the audio that you are streaming? I usually keep a bunch of songs on my phone due to living out in the sticks and cell service being splotchy. I've noticed that if I play over Bluetooth it uses a much lower codec (128) vs lossless when plugged in. The audio changes are definitely noticeable. Not sure if that happens while streaming Spotify or whatever.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it downscale the audio that you are streaming? I usually keep a bunch of songs on my phone due to living out in the sticks and cell service being splotchy. I've noticed that if I play over Bluetooth it uses a much lower codec (128) vs lossless when plugged in. The audio changes are definitely noticeable. Not sure if that happens while streaming Spotify or whatever.
Honestly I am a mostly deaf veteran, so I can't really tell the difference. I did have three separate times where the bluetooth audio got super choppy, cutting in and out to where I had to switch to sattelite radio. I am hoping this is a quirk that resolves itself, or I may have to try to figure out why the connection isn't persistent when I am running Android Auto wirelessly.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I am a mostly deaf veteran, so I can't really tell the difference. I did have three separate times where the bluetooth audio got super choppy, cutting in and out to where I had to switch to sattelite radio. I am hoping this is a quirk that resolves itself, or I may have to try to figure out why the connection isn't persistent when I am running Android Auto wirelessly.
What? Lol I feel you brother, I can't hear **** anymore. Too much time spent rocking the M240/ma deuce that anything louder than this ringing is good enough for me

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? Lol I feel you brother, I can't hear **** anymore. Too much time spent rocking the M240/ma deuce that anything louder than this ringing is good enough for me
Lol, I am a long time hearing aid holdout. I refuse to get them even though they would drastically improve my quality of life. I just deal with my wife yelling at me to turn down the TV. That or I have subtitles turned on, lol.

I fired my M4 too many times without hearing protection. We would roll on convoys and those triple flange ear plugs were uncomfortable as hell. After the first shot it gets a lot quieter though. :D

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, I am a long time hearing aid holdout. I refuse to get them even though they would drastically improve my quality of life. I just deal with my wife yelling at me to turn down the TV. That or I have subtitles turned on, lol.

I fired my M4 too many times without hearing protection. We would roll on convoys and those triple flange ear plugs were uncomfortable as hell. After the first shot it gets a lot quieter though. :D
I tried them years back, I guess I was expecting something different because all it did was pump static noise into my ear. So on top of everything, I was now focusing more on the hearing aid making it worse. Maybe I didn't do it right but after about a few months I said enough. I made the mistake once @ range 410 in 29 palms of loosing those stupid 3M ear pro while on the range and had to go through a few 1000 rounds on the 240 with no ear pro. It definitely got quieter after the first belt :rolleyes:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried them years back, I guess I was expecting something different because all it did was pump static noise into my ear. So on top of everything, I was now focusing more on the hearing aid making it worse. Maybe I didn't do it right but after about a few months I said enough. I made the mistake once @ range 410 in 29 palms of loosing those stupid 3M ear pro while on the range and had to go through a few 1000 rounds on the 240 with no ear pro. It definitely got quieter after the first belt :rolleyes:
Yeah, really the tinitus is the worst part, but you grow used to it after a while.

I was a Mk-19 gunner also in Iraq. Less boom, more fun.