Something I noticed today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was out with the truck, driving in sport mode and shut it down never shifting back to normal. When I restarted the truck, a dialog box popped up and asked me if I wanted to stay in sport mode. I was pleasantly surprised!

For you 800A folks who use Carplay, not sure why, but I thought that it was wired only, but it is wireless carplay capable.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the wireless CarPlay works really well compared to what I had on my Audi. You might be thinking of the wireless charging pad that’s not on the 800a.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed this too. Definitely nice having the option to stay in the previous mode. I tow a boat a lot and it was aggravating always remembering to put it back in tow mode.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove on sport mode over the weekend. Feels very good from dig on a red light. In non sport mode, feels kind of sluggish, like the truck doesn't want to work with me.

Sport mode definitely wakes the truck up. It drinks fuel though. I don't know if that's actually happening because we don't have a real fuel meter, just a computer estimated one - and the distance was dropping way too quickly.

westwind

Reaction score
Put around a thousand miles on over the weekend. All interstate.

Mileage improved considerably on my return trip.

I *think* it gets it’s best mileage on the interstate in quiet mode.

Nitpicking: I hate that the dash gear indicator is orange. My eyes go straight to that big or and “D” and my brain thinks it’s a warning indicator for a second.

The gear shifter doesn’t feel quite right.

The bright headlights are very good. I’m very happy with how much my old eyes can see at night.

I love this truck. It floats comfortably down the interstate at 85 mph like a Cadillac. I overdrove it several times in corners and ramps and it felt ”right” to me.

I live out in the sticks but 95% of my driving is screaming down the interstate. For me, this truck is exactly what I needed. I test drive various Lariats and none were even close to the way this drives.

Last edited:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was out with the truck, driving in sport mode and shut it down never shifting back to normal. When I restarted the truck, a dialog box popped up and asked me if I wanted to stay in sport mode. I was pleasantly surprised!

For you 800A folks who use Carplay, not sure why, but I thought that it was wired only, but it is wireless carplay capable.
Noticed the same with Sport mode and I agree, it is great.

One note on wireless Android Auto. It is amazing to have cable free Android Auto. I did realize that with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE) on the wireless pad, it was using more battery to run Android Auto than the wireless pad was replacing. Basically I was losing battery percentage even with the phone on the charging pad. Wonder if others are seeing the same?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noticed the same with Sport mode and I agree, it is great.

One note on wireless Android Auto. It is amazing to have cable free Android Auto. I did realize that with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE) on the wireless pad, it was using more battery to run Android Auto than the wireless pad was replacing. Basically I was losing battery percentage even with the phone on the charging pad. Wonder if others are seeing the same?
That's actually kind of depressing, did you have any other things open at the time? Were you using Android Auto as the GPS?

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually kind of depressing, did you have any other things open at the time? Were you using Android Auto as the GPS?
I always have Waze running so I know where the speed traps are. Personally the main reason I want Android Auto. I have a heavy foot.

Also, will be streaming Spotify or a podcast at the same time.