Something I noticed today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so on the topic of Something I Noticed Today...

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't drive like an a-hole.

Seems that the Raptor does not like when a car makes a right hand turn into a parking lot in front of me. Three times so far the Pre-collision warning has triggered in the instrument cluster, front and center, blinking bright red. There was no unsafe distance, unsafe speed. The truck just seems to not like when the car in front of you exits stage right.

Anyone else experience the same? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on this one?

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
I tried them years back, I guess I was expecting something different because all it did was pump static noise into my ear. So on top of everything, I was now focusing more on the hearing aid making it worse. Maybe I didn't do it right but after about a few months I said enough. I made the mistake once @ range 410 in 29 palms of loosing those stupid 3M ear pro while on the range and had to go through a few 1000 rounds on the 240 with no ear pro. It definitely got quieter after the first belt :rolleyes:
I had the same thing happen when I was sending 105mm and 155mm rounds down range in 2012 (not 29 palms though). I had to have one ear unplugged to issue commands and more than a couple times I'd forget to use my finger to plug when the gunner fired.

That being said I noticed some chop on one of my spotify podcasts, so I up'd the audio quality of my downloads and next time I listened to the podcast it sounded great. Also you can change the cab speakers to surround, which I did notice a difference. I personally liked the change, but ymmv.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score

Seems that the Raptor does not like when a car makes a right hand turn into a parking lot in front of me. Three times so far the Pre-collision warning has triggered in the instrument cluster, front and center, blinking bright red. There was no unsafe distance, unsafe speed. The truck just seems to not like when the car in front of you exits stage right.

Anyone else experience the same? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on this one?
I haven't had this happen yet. Perhaps it is a calibration issue that the dealer could look into if it persists.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when I was sending 105mm and 155mm rounds down range in 2012 (not 29 palms though). I had to have one ear unplugged to issue commands and more than a couple times I'd forget to use my finger to plug when the gunner fired.

That being said I noticed some chop on one of my spotify podcasts, so I up'd the audio quality of my downloads and next time I listened to the podcast it sounded great. Also you can change the cab speakers to surround, which I did notice a difference. I personally liked the change, but ymmv.
Good input. I did immediately change to surround. Will try to check the quality of my downloads to see if that resolves.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I thought there was a sensitivity setting inside the menu from one of the video i've watched. Check this out and see if this helps
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 2.41.10 PM.png

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is a sensitivity setting. I’m getting false alerts at one section in my parking garage, no idea why. I was thinking it had something to do with the headlights reflecting off one of the garage corner mirrors. Scared the **** out of me the first time.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday - pre collision warning went off, beeping, red warning, etc. with seemingly no vehicle even in front of me. Will try to reduce the sensitivity per the post above and report back. Only happened to me once so far but scared the hell out of me.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me yesterday - pre collision warning went off, beeping, red warning, etc. with seemingly no vehicle even in front of me. Will try to reduce the sensitivity per the post above and report back. Only happened to me once so far but scared the hell out of me.
Well you're in Philly, so it probably just a crackhead that jumped out of the buses and ran across the street