Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR THIS...I sent this to my service manager and once they had space, they got me in - ran and updated everything per this list (over 2 days) and now my '21 Gen3 Raptor is up-to-date!
Happy to hear youre all squared away and glad this list helped! Enjoy the updates!

nirazulay

Reaction score
Took my truck into a different dealer and gave them the steps that @mmayo posted to get updated. I still got the answer “your truck is up to date.” I will also say, most service advisors aren’t even familiar with what these trucks have or don’t have. I also had them look into my IWE’s because I have some intermittent issues with those. The advisor told me those are vacuum and have issues. Of course they didn’t find any issues with those either, which I am not surprised on that.
The need to update telemetric module first tham it will open update to multimedia

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 with Ford Power-Up 4.2.3 installed, yet I just bought a CarLinKit and it's not full screen. After reading about 1/2 of this thread, do I need to go to my dealer for APIM and gateway modules updated.... or am I messing up something else?

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my dealers response. Fords are the new range rovers …software and electronics that manufacturer and dealer don’t care to fix.

“The engineer just left. He has been working non stop on the vehicle since he got here this morning, working with different departments and directly with the sync programmers. Working with the sync programmers they have tried everything and there is nothing they can do to make the adjustment to the screen size at this time. They said that there may be a change in the future to allow the adjustment but at this time with your VIN and the parts that are in your vehicle there is nothing they can do, nor are there parts available that would be able to make that adjustment. They did say that even though there are some 21’s that are able to update to the full screen it isn’t a blanket list where all
of them are able to make that adjustment and unfortunately yours is not able to. I am sorry but at this time we have expended all avenues that we can do at the dealer level, we have no control over design or programming , that is completely controlled by Ford and if they are directly telling us now that it cannot be done, they would be the ultimate authority on the matter.”

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my dealers response. Fords are the new range rovers …software and electronics that manufacturer and dealer don’t care to fix.

“The engineer just left. He has been working non stop on the vehicle since he got here this morning, working with different departments and directly with the sync programmers. Working with the sync programmers they have tried everything and there is nothing they can do to make the adjustment to the screen size at this time. They said that there may be a change in the future to allow the adjustment but at this time with your VIN and the parts that are in your vehicle there is nothing they can do, nor are there parts available that would be able to make that adjustment. They did say that even though there are some 21’s that are able to update to the full screen it isn’t a blanket list where all
of them are able to make that adjustment and unfortunately yours is not able to. I am sorry but at this time we have expended all avenues that we can do at the dealer level, we have no control over design or programming , that is completely controlled by Ford and if they are directly telling us now that it cannot be done, they would be the ultimate authority on the matter.”
I have given up trying to even ask for updates on my truck. Very misleading on Ford's end, just like the Blue Cruise was. At least we got refunded for the Blue Cruise. Ford advertised and made OTA updates a selling point, yet we are told that some of our vehicles aren't able to get updated. Sounds like a false advertising lawsuit.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have given up trying to even ask for updates on my truck. Very misleading on Ford's end, just like the Blue Cruise was. At least we got refunded for the Blue Cruise. Ford advertised and made OTA updates a selling point, yet we are told that some of our vehicles aren't able to get updated. Sounds like a false advertising lawsuit.
I hate the idea of frivolous lawsuits…but Ford has absolutely shown zero interest in solving this issue.
I’m thinking about doing a lemon law —an attorney said he could do it.
I’ve never initiated a lawsuit but I’m just about out of patience.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The refund process for bluecruise was a complete joke as well. I had to send letters and make phone calls. I received a refund but ford made sure I wasted a lot of my time …so ford won. Not me.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am sorry you are going through this.

IMO, the dealer response sounds like BS. I dont think 'some' '21's can get the full screen while others cant.

Have you went in with the list and sequence of updates some of these trucks require in order to get to the Sync updates, that have been posted in this thread?

It's definitely time consuming for the tech at the dealer but there is a sequence of updates that have to occur in order for it to be successful.

Last edited:

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
I dont have the option to connect to my home wifi or any other wifi network. Is there any way to activate with forscan? i dont have att hotspot here in south america and i want to know if its possible to activate to search wifi and try to update my sync4 . i asked to dealer here in Argentina and they say they see the update for my truck and thet can update but i need go to dealer. I can do this week that but i want to have the option to connect to my home wifi for next updates .
i think that maybe the Wifi its not activated yet for Argentina. someone know where can i try to modified and activate with forscan?
Thanks

Last edited: