Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 with no OTA updates ever- here is what the dealer did to get it up to date, was a lengthy process:
This is great, thanks for posting. Everyone should bring this with them to dealer if still experiencing issue.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I took to my local dealer (closer to where I live than where I bought it). They attempted to do it and stopped because I did not have the B&O Amp installed (I have a custom stereo). They stopped the work. I then re-installed my B&O and returned and they did it. However it was the same exact version (they did not update their local FDRS) and tried to get me to pay the $150. I was pissed and basically the service manager said if I gave them a 5 star google review he'd waive it. Got in truck and was NOT updated. Everything was reset and version was the same.

Long story short, I called a number (I believe in this thread) and they ran tested and confirmed I have an issue with the updates and has not been connected to Ford's servers since I got the truck (Sept 21). Lady gave me a TSB (TSB 22-2404) and said take to dealer and if they give me any shit, to have them call them.

This week I decided to call my dealer where I got the truck and the service manager happened to have a 21 F150 and said he knew of the exact issue, confirmed I did not have to have the B&O installed and even read the other dealers notes and said everything they said in there was complete BS.

I am taking it in next Friday. I will update then.
Well I took it in. Unsuccessful. Guy was real nice. However he said they tried multiple times. My truck via, VIN has the most recent update for that truck. All systems checked and TSB performed. Not sure what to do.

Question for those who have got OTA. Are you setting the emergency brake?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took it in. Unsuccessful. Guy was real nice. However he said they tried multiple times. My truck via, VIN has the most recent update for that truck. All systems checked and TSB performed. Not sure what to do.

I don't do anything special. I just park in my garage, which has a wifi signal. Plus making sure it is set for automatic updates.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. That is what I have been doing.
This is complete BS on Ford's end that they can't figure this out for a large amount of people. My truck is going in next week. I am taking in the steps that were posted on here that @mmayo dealer took.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

So I contacted the 800 again via the email they sent me with the TSB. And this was their response. WTAF.

Mr. Dickerson,

I do not see that the dealership completed any updates on your vehicle or went through the steps for the Module Recovery TSB. Your vehicle does not appear to be connected and you are not current on OTA updates.

If you are able to turn off your vehicle connectivity then turn it back on, complete the FordPass Connect Reset, and then go through the steps to authorize FordPass again, you may be able to get updates coming through via OTA. If you are not able to complete these steps you will need to return to the dealership.

I have moved to a different team, if you have questions about your updates going forward XXXXXX will be happy to assist you.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck into a different dealer and gave them the steps that @mmayo posted to get updated. I still got the answer “your truck is up to date.” I will also say, most service advisors aren’t even familiar with what these trucks have or don’t have. I also had them look into my IWE’s because I have some intermittent issues with those. The advisor told me those are vacuum and have issues. Of course they didn’t find any issues with those either, which I am not surprised on that.

JCloud

Reaction score
Welp, I guess its my lucky day. My truck wound up in the hands of one of the most experienced Ford techs this dealership has. Spent a few mins with him when I picked it up. Here is what he had to do:
- FOund update available for gateway module (GWM), applied
- After GWM updated, an APIM updated became available, applied
- After APIM updated, another GWM update became available, applied
- After GWM updated, another APIM...applied
- After APIM update, an update to the TCU was available, applied
- After TCU, another GWM, applied....
- After all the GWM, APIM, TCU updates, I appear to be fully updated now

Dayyyyuummmm
THANK YOU FOR THIS...I sent this to my service manager and once they had space, they got me in - ran and updated everything per this list (over 2 days) and now my '21 Gen3 Raptor is up-to-date!