Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to block out all the street names so none of you weirdos show up at my house thinking we’re actually friends
Too damn funny! I did the same thing w/ Android Auto and quickly realized it’s showing my street name. Quickly deleted those and changed the screen display to show music and posted that pic a few posts back. :happy175:

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully…keep us posted.
Well... the dealer just called me. They have had my truck for a few hours. They say their computers indicate it has the latest software. That's not true of course, and they seem to know nothing about full screen CarPlay. Finally, they say they are calling Ford directly tomorrow on this. I mean the Sync support people said there is an update and I'm pretty sure the truck has never received an update.

Is there anything I can provide to the dealer to guide them on this issue? I don't want them calling tomorrow saying there is nothing further than can do.... crazy stuff.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked my dealer if they could do it and said no, that just have to wait for the rolling update. But what determines that? I've seen 21s and 23s with it, but nothing for my 22?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lame, I get the reason for rolling ota updates but shoot at least give us the option to manually do it like the old sync systems. My biggest gripe on the info system has been the bad use of space. Getting the Fullscreen can't happen fast enough. Lol

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Well... the dealer just called me. They have had my truck for a few hours. They say their computers indicate it has the latest software. That's not true of course, and they seem to know nothing about full screen CarPlay. Finally, they say they are calling Ford directly tomorrow on this. I mean the Sync support people said there is an update and I'm pretty sure the truck has never received an update.

Is there anything I can provide to the dealer to guide them on this issue? I don't want them calling tomorrow saying there is nothing further than can do.... crazy stuff.
I’ve read on the F150 forums that the dealer have to update their software. If they don’t, it’ll show the same that you have already not sure that’s true or not but that’s what I read over there.