SoCal Buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the market and wanted to see if anyone has had any luck recently on buying a new raptor out of state, negotiating the price and having it shipped.

I am looking for a performance blue, 802a, twin panel moonroof, carbon preferred but not madatory.

Seems like the best option to me but wanted to see if anyone out here recently did this and the experience you had.

SK19

Reaction score
I bought in April 2019 from Phil Fitts Ford New Castle PA. . Flew to PGH , dealer picked me up , bought the truck , drove home to So Cal. Saved thousands of dollars over the entire West Coast Ford Dealerships BS markups. AZ and Colorado weren't offering 50 state models at the time but PA dealers do. And performance blue!

OP
OP
svt1998gt

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought in April 2019 from Phil Fitts Ford New Castle PA. . Flew to PGH , dealer picked me up , bought the truck , drove home to So Cal. Saved thousands of dollars over the entire West Coast Ford Dealerships BS markups. AZ and Colorado weren't offering 50 state models at the time but PA dealers do. And performance blue!

Thanks for sharing, driving back from PA must have been a journey.

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to dive-in here in SoCal. It's been awhile since a vehicle purchase. Hopefully there's some movement on 2020 prices.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my old 2018 Gen 2 in San Antonio at the end of 2017. I paid sticker. At that time, I was having a hard time getting a dealer to do better than the sticker price. I did not want to pay a markup, the truck is pretty awesome, but not worth a markup to me. Good luck man. You should be able to get a rig well below sticker by now.

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping. Putting feelers out a bit further than normal. Definitely want a SCAB so nows the time.

OP
OP
svt1998gt

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find, we should roll up together and say we are here to buy two raptors and then let them know we have three dealers and we are making our rounds.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There aren’t many Scabs available now, I just scoured the internet finding all of them. There are a few 802A, a couple dozen 800A, and very few 801A. Prices are on the way up since there won’t be new ones for a while. I purchased one today in Albuquerque from Power Ford. I was able to buy my Scab for a sweet deal under MSRP, but the second sales manager I dealt with made sure I knew he wasn’t happy with the deal.

Power Ford Albuquerque has a performance blue 802A Screw in the showroom with carbon fiber and moonroof, and ABQ is a 12-13 hour drive back to LA. Ask for Ace or Tavo and tell him Mitch who bought the velocity blue Scab sent you. They have about $1900 in BS add ons and probably some market premium on their Raptors, but they made my deal happen.

https://www.powerfordnm.com/new-Albuquerque-2020-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG5LFA39201

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased one today in Albuquerque from Power Ford. I was able to buy my Scab for a sweet deal under MSRP, but the second sales manager I dealt with made sure I knew he wasn’t happy with the deal.
It's such a comedy routine for most dealers, one salesman plays against the Sales Manager and they come back at you like you just robbed them. They have studied how to play customers and have it down pretty well.

Thoroughbred Ford - Kansas City, MO - straight forward, no bones about their willingness to sell under MSRP, great internet sales staff, no comedy routine either. I made thew purchase based upon Sticker options, thousands under MSRP, color I wanted, SCREW, and a lovely drive to Santa Barbara in our new truck!

If you indeed robbed them, good on you, may make up for all the California saps that paid $20K over MSRP to own one.

Glad you're a happy owner now.