SoCal Buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's such a comedy routine for most dealers, one salesman plays against the Sales Manager and they come back at you like you just robbed them. They have studied how to play customers and have it down pretty well.

Thoroughbred Ford - Kansas City, MO - straight forward, no bones about their willingness to sell under MSRP, great internet sales staff, no comedy routine either. I made thew purchase based upon Sticker options, thousands under MSRP, color I wanted, SCREW, and a lovely drive to Santa Barbara in our new truck!

If you indeed robbed them, good on you, may make up for all the California saps that paid $20K over MSRP to own one.

Glad you're a happy owner now.

I don’t know that I robbed them, but I certainly got a fair deal with no addendum. The angry sales manager specifically mentioned the dollar amount over invoice, no addendum, and not getting the financing as his gripes. I saw him dealing with an angry customer the previous day, I think he’s just an angry dude. I was pushing him on an AZ sales tax issue that would’ve saved me $800 and he said “this is the deal, take it or leave it”, so I stopped pushing and grabbed the deal. The dealers I spoke to in AZ were demanding MSRP plus $2795 in addendum I work in the car business so I know the game.

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a good feeling to know that while I 'want' this truck, I don't 'need' this truck. If I can't make it happen then I'll just move along to something else.

Sharkman

Reaction score
I purchased mine from Penske Ford out of La Mesa. Wendy Tran is the Sales Manager.

At the time I ordered, which was December of 2018, Penske was the lowest cost in So Cal @ $2500 over MSRP. Every other dealer I went to was $7500-$25k over MSRP.

Not sure what prices are now, but Wendy was a pleasure to work with.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe it has not been mentioned, but if you are in SoCal, looking to buy, then you need to look up Team Ford in Las Vegas.

They are a high volume Raptor dealership and take good care of the desert racing community. They, (Steve Olliges ) is a desert racer himself.

I believe they will fly you at and pick you up from the airport.
My good friend has purchased 3 different vehicles from them.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parker Motor Company in Parker, AZ is another good one I here offers good deals to Ford Raptor buyers.
Tell em Jim Beaver sent ya.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I got mine from Travis at Long Macarthur in KS. It was super easy. He had it shipped to socal directly from Ford. Nobody within driving range came within $5k from the deal from Travis.

tractorman

Reaction score
Bought my new 2019 screw 802a from Klaben Ford in Ohio right before the Rona kicked up. $9500 off MSRP. I had it shipped to northern California for $1500. Dealers in my area were still wanted well over MSRP. Team Ford in Las Vegas was offering about $4500 off MSRP at the time, which from a regional perspective I thought was quite fair. But Vegas is 10 hours from me and Klaben was $9500 off so I went that route and it went pretty smoothly.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 from Travis at MacArthur Ford in Kansas… he had it shipped directly from the factory to a dealer near me in AZ… No extra cost for shipping it was covered by the factory delivery fee

he has to split that fee with the delivery dealer and I understand some of them can be *****

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 from Travis at MacArthur Ford in Kansas… he had it shipped directly from the factory to a dealer near me in AZ… No extra cost for shipping it was covered by the factory delivery fee

he has to split that fee with the delivery dealer and I understand some of them can be *****

Probably the same dealer in Prescott I ordered my 2020 from that told me it was cancelled this week, 6 weeks after ordering it. After that I’m going to demand invoice on my Bronco from them or I’ll pull my order and send it to another dealer.

bturbo27

Reaction score

Same, placed an order with Travis. Quick and painless. However, received a phone call earlier this week that he no longer works at Long MacArthur Ford and that my order was cancelled.