So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Daily driving, I probably bounce off the limiter at least once a week. In the dirt, too often to count.
The truck just asks for more, its crazy how 5th and 6th gear aren't even necessary. But fun fact: I reset the computer and after cruising in 6th for a few miles at an indicated 105 I was getting 5.5 mpg. So probably wouldn't make a good "Cannonball" vehicle.

Somehow, the video doesn't do it justice. But with a 5 star tune, DKyacht was indicating just under 140 here.

dave flying by at 140!! | Facebook

Skip to 11:00 to see a couple more clips of the same run.

That's some awesome footage there! Don't know how it felt but the truck looked pretty solid at speed.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have hit the end of the speedo on mine and it kept pulling, I was racing and beating my friends 05 mustang gt at the time. When I looked down and saw how fast I was going I let off.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do that so they can save millions in warranty claims. They couldn't care less if you get a speeding ticket.

Your odometer is going to be correct, they would get in tons of lawsuits if they got caught doing that. They are just covering their butts by making the speedo slow so when you get a speeding ticket you can't in anyway blame Ford. The only real issue I could see is if you got a ticket for going a couple MPH under a minimum speed on an interstate.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am going to NM to the ranch then up to Santa Fe for a Hearing. Will let you know how fast that the Raptor will run with a 5star tune, duals, cold air intake. Wanting to see this for myself but it gets a little funny when you hit 120 unless you are on great pavement..

I have GPS to tell me the real speed--I run 37's.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At those speeds on dirt the truck is relatively stable. In 2wd the rear tends to float around a bunch but is still manageable. In 4wd it's significantly improved, feels like it's on rails.

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Insane that a truck this size can hit nearly a buck fifty with relatively few mods.