So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is that video? And I never said or implied that I was going to drive over 100 with traffic. If I do its on an open road (interstate yes but empty) or off-road

Well, people are driving at these speeds in trafic. See the video in post 133 of this thread. On that post, Forum member "ISFast" says he has experienced the "shimmy" at this speed. I don't think the Raptor in the video was 'MiamiRaptor'

When you watch the video, note how the raptor is passing a small car going 130 MPH and is shimmying back and forth. What would have happened if that small car ( which was in the slow lane) did a quick lane change into the fast lane at the exact wrong time?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, that post with the yellow street queen/monstrosity was supposed to be a joke, but instead is starting to derail this thread.

I agree Raptor was designed to go 100 MPH stock both on and offroad. The stock tires are fine at those speeds - probably fine at much higher speeds for short duration.

So would I go 130 MPH on stock tires? Maybe. But certainly not on a highway with other vehicles. There was a video where the raptor was starting to roll from side to side at about 130 MPH. Not that great when other vehicles are so close IMHO.

Having two or three life insurance policies is great, but does not help the family in a minivan that is taken out because the Raptor's tire is blown and all control is lost.

No worries man. I thought you were implying that the stock Raptor was unsafe with it's stock tires off-road at speeds over 80 mph. I personally drive faster off-road than on road. Speed limit on-road but off-road in the middle of nowhere is a different story. Where I go you rarely see anyone!