So... What do you think about the new Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ooops!

"The new Ford GT supercar may have stolen all the attention at the Detroit auto show, but Ford’s updated 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor performance pickup made a splash too with its new EcoBoost engine and aluminum construction. Over the weekend at the 24 Hours of Daytona, Ford Global Product Development Vice President Raj Nair let slip in a televised interview on Fox Sports that the Raptor’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 will make 450 hp."

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ooops!

"The new Ford GT supercar may have stolen all the attention at the Detroit auto show, but Ford’s updated 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor performance pickup made a splash too with its new EcoBoost engine and aluminum construction. Over the weekend at the 24 Hours of Daytona, Ford Global Product Development Vice President Raj Nair let slip in a televised interview on Fox Sports that the Raptor’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 will make 450 hp."

The Ecoboost also won 24 hours at Daytona yesterday.

HiGCorners

Reaction score
I'm a big v8 fan, but I honestly don't see the big deal with the v6. Ever since the SC lightnings came out, I've always wanted ford to go the turbo route. Branches out on the hp gains. Exhaust sound is about the only negative and that can't be much of a problem trying to get a nice tone out of.

Well, TT V8 > TT V6.

HiGCorners

Reaction score
Ford does not currently have a tt v8

The point they should have developed a TT V8 instead of that all new TT V6. Same goes for GT - massive fail.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The Ecoboost also won 24 hours at Daytona yesterday.

The only common thing with what we are going to get is the name.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'am still on the fence. not crazy about the exterior like i'am about the gen1 and hate to say it but i think add did a better job that Ford on that one.Really love the interior except the white. Not crazy about the v6 and don't care about fuel economy or how much power it has. half the fun of the gen 1 for me is hearing the v8 scream as you you'r going balls out. but going to wait to look at one on the lot and if i don't like what i see i'll just buy a regular cab 5.0L and build it up.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting older, so I like my slower , bulkier , heavier Gen 1.....because it's like me.

The Gen 2 is like me in my 20s...lighter, faster, more capable , but not as good looking!

When I see one on the street I'll be able to say..."look Bolt,(that's my truck) there is your little brother!"

This whole evolution story reminds me of the "Cars" movie.

Last edited:

Z06

Reaction score
Excited to get one on order, wished it still had the 6.2 V-8 with it's awesome sound, but hopefully the ecoboost will have it's own unique cool sound. Styling... I love it

olk

Reaction score
I hated 2017 look at first and almost had 2012 Screw from Carmax delivered to Europe, but luckily dollar went up and paying extra $6000 just was not so exciting.

Now one thing which always bit bothered me here in North-Eastern side of Europe was lack of 4A or AWD mode. Do not get me wrong, I drive old Dodge Durango here for winter and it is as manual as it can possibly be, but when the conditions are mixed, I would prefer first wheels to act without switching.

10speed transmission combined with 3.5L Ecobeast (thats what it is gonna be named before release?) makes sense. Add 360 degree view cameras, rain-sensing wipers and radar for cruise control and it becomes luxury truck. Only thing missing for Europe is headlight washers (it can be crappy weather with lot of dirt here).

Now the looks are growing on me. I really liked 2012 Screw in Tuxedo black, it is awesome vehicle in person. But this '17 is smth else... looks like animal with no excuses. Hopefully they do small fixes (like sidevents and some other bits).

As an idea, although I like the Ford logo in front, I would cut it out (leave the genital camera under it) and replace it with some LED.

Attachments

• 2017-ford-f150-raptor-front-studio.jpg
    2017-ford-f150-raptor-front-studio.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 584