So... What do you think about the new Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not forget the ringy dingy motor in the new Raptor. That was the deal breaker for me. Next truck will be a tricked out Power Wagon. Ford is a non entity for me on trucks for the foreseeable future.:mad:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Do not forget the ringy dingy motor in the new Raptor. That was the deal breaker for me. Next truck will be a tricked out Power Wagon. Ford is a non entity for me on trucks for the foreseeable future.:mad:

I may get me one of them Power Wagons too, Hoss.

runner33

Reaction score
anyone else think its crazy for Ford to loose all the sales till 2016??? Will the 6.2L fit in the new body??

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone else think its crazy for Ford to loose all the sales till 2016??? Will the 6.2L fit in the new body??

Ford isn't losing sales. The 2015 is a whole brand new f150 with lots of creature comforts and features that even our raptor's don't have. A lot of people will trade their raptors in for a 2015 to have something new, drive it for a couple years, then trade it in for a 2017 raptor when they're out. They're taking advantage of the all new f150 to bring in sales and be the center of attention for a little while, and once that gets stale in a year or so, the release of the Raptor will revitalize the truck news a bit for them again.

The 6.2 would surely fit in the new body, but why? THere's so many better options than a heavy ass iron block with 2 valve heads. The 6.2 is a dinosaur compared to the technology in the ecoboosts and 5.0 motors between aluminum, 4v, tivct, direct injection, turbo, etc. etc.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I love our engines but why ask if the 6.2 will fit? Do you know how much that would cost and that isn't a very logical modification either.. Spending more money for a less capable engine for the sake of having a better exhaust note? I was full anti v6 when the news broke out that ford went with the ecoboost but the guys at ford came to that conclusion and I'm sure it's worthy to be in the next generation. I'm sure once these things come out and you have some real time behind the wheel you'll be pleased and you'll have a different mindset of ripping out your engine in your new $60,000 truck and swapping it out for an outdated motor. Will the increase in performance outweigh the must for a louder exhaust note I don't know.. But time will tell and I'm positive that a lot of guys on here who are saying they won't buy the new one will have a change of heart when their buddy gets one or they actually drive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So help me out here Forum Members....

If the big Hangup here is the exhaust sound and with current technology, why can't an exhaust be had to make it sound 'manly, beefier, growl-worthy? I am no vehicle techy with engines and such which is why I ask. And ' No '...... piping sound through the speakers is not an option.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt they can tune the sound. Many high end vehicle manufacturers put a lot of effort into exhaust tuning. Heard quite a few on Top Gear that were fricken amazing!

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sound is not why I want a v8. I would prefer a na or supercharged v8 for offroading/overlanding. I've had a few turbo cars including a turbo 03 cobra and I'm not interested in a ttv6 in a full size truck I wheel. That's just me.....
We will see what Ford ends up doing in a year or two.

Last edited:

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd consider a Power Wagon too if I were blind and didn't have to look at that front end, ugh. For now I guess my next truck will still be my current truck, a '12 Raptor, which isn't a bad thing.

saleen692

Reaction score
So what's flimsy or fake chrome about the new truck? Because I don't see any flimsy or fake chrome on it. It's one thing to just not be partial to the new style, but you make it seem like they dropped some of the stuff from the original raptor and went a different route.

Gen 1 - 2 hood vents to the side, Gen 2 - 1 hood vent in the center
---same theme, different style

Gen 1 - fender vents, Gen 2 - fender vents
---same theme, different style

Gen 1 - bold grille with LED markers, Gen 2 - bold grille with LED markers
---same theme, slightly different style

Gen 1 - Fox 2.5 suspension, Gen 2 - Fox 3.0 suspension
---same theme, better capability

Gen 1 - Regular f150 rear bumper, Gen 2 - Raptor specific to improve angles
---more raptor specific theme, more capability

Gen 1 - Flared fenders, Gen 2 - Flared fenders
---carrying the same theme into the new body style

And many many many more almost identical features that were just tweaked slightly to fit the new body style f150.....front bumper, front skid, running boards, etc. etc.

I can completely understand some people not liking the new style changes, but you can't deny that they pretty much kept every raptor feature that made a raptor a raptor over a regular f150, when they updated to the new body style. The only argueable one is the engine choice, but styling, looks, etc. it's right on par whether you like it or not.

Let me know how the Raceworks front bumper is going to look like on the new 2017 Raptor with that dip. Thats an issue for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

vs 2010-2014 Raptor with Raceworks front bumper.

9272d1357621023t-stewarts-raceworks-front-bumper-offer-d9.jpg

Heck, the 2015 F150 XL doesnt have that bad of a dip on the front end as the 2017 Raptor. Why not just build a Pre-Runner off the 2015 body style and not waste the time purchasing a 2017 Raptor? One negative is, you cant order 2015 in a supercab with 5.5 bed has to be 6.5

2015-ford-f-150-xl-front-static-600-001.jpg

Last edited: