So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want a V8 and a great suspension...

Project time. The big attraction of the Raptor is that it’s engineered and under warranty. You can do better for the same money if you roll your own. Buy an older F150 with a V8 and go to town. Or have @PorterW1111 build it for you. Ford is looking after Ford. Expecting them to build exactly what you want and sell it at a loss is a bit much.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A decent rear suspension is big. Quit whining.

If you think a multi-link rear costs that much for Ford to manufacture and justifies that much of a price jump, I got some ocean front property in Kansas that I’d be willing to sell you.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think a multi-link rear costs that much for Ford to manufacture and justifies that much of a price jump, I got some ocean front property in Kansas that I’d be willing to sell you.

The price for the equivalent of my 2020 801a with the Torsen is not much more than it was in 2020 and apparently includes some extras. The price only went up a lot if you want 37s ... I don’t understand all the whining. We’re lucky that MSRP isn’t higher considering all of the other crap that’s going on.

Reaction score
I’m a bit disappointed with price of gen3
2020 screw 800a package was 58k plus 3.5K for 801a
2021 starts at 66k plus 6.5k for 801a.
That’s a huge price increase for baseically the same drivetrain and arguably same if not worse exterior design.
Gen2 model was always considered a value compared to the competition. My scab 800a msrp was 54k and made it a great deal compared to what you get with the gladiator and the rebel. I definitely can’t say the same for gen3. The v6 base comes too close to the trx base price for what is missing at the heart with a v8 and 200 less HP.
At 60k base price I had no question in my mind that I’d pick the gen3 base over trx and happily live with the v6 and easily justify the 12k gap. But at a mere 6k or the price of 801 package now the trx seems like a deal too good to pass.

I was thinking the same thing. To run 37s (that only come with blue recaros) is the same price as the trx (without ADM) of course and you get 8 cylinders and 700+ horses to the wheels.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol
Project time. The big attraction of the Raptor is that it’s engineered and under warranty. You can do better for the same money if you roll your own. Buy an older F150 with a V8 and go to town. Or have @PorterW1111 build it for you. Ford is looking after Ford. Expecting them to build exactly what you want and sell it at a loss is a bit much.
what are you signing me up for? Lol working on getting in with a shop so I can take on more